[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - 808 pushing

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 01:32:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: 808 pushing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 02:14:59 

My 808 pushes through the corner. I run 5 - 7 - 2 in the diffs. What do I need to look at doing to get more steering in the corner.

Post subject: Re: 808 pushing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 07:48:31 

Several things can get you steering but what is your setup first as its then easier to give advice

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 15:51:43 

I just posted it.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 17:32:05 

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=1236&setup=xb808

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 17:51:44 

cheers Ricky.

Wrayth personally in what you have done in going wide on the wishbone & upper holes on tower has locked the car down as you get no weight transfer, the grey blue springs again are not complimenting the set up either as its just making the car rigid. 2 deg rear toe should loose rear grip but other factors with the rear hub have again locked it down. The 808 generates grip & the rear is no exception & normally find myself trying to loose rear grip so with the topic saying pushing see it as the 808 normal traight.
This set up is what i ran on the 08 & 09 cars, it will be a good start point for the dry dusty surface your other setup is based on.
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=986&setup=xb808

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 20:36:23 

Thanks Ill give that a shot.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 03:19:47 

just food for thought and this may not apply to you..but when my son's car is pushing/or loose I stress for him to really understand what end is doing what. for instance if it is pushing, i want to know if the back has too much grip or is it the front that does not have enough and this helps with our adjustments. that way i can get both ends to be more in tune with each other.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 02:54:36 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 08:42:58 

Found when the balance was good between F&R & the car was handling well, can you then tune the car perfect with the castor blocks & actually feel the difference. Other than that it was put on 14 deg to make it safer on entry into turns & across bumpy sections. I like lots of rear droop as it will help the car to pivot or turn quicker due to weight transfer, this is also down to how i drive which is smooth & precise ( old school electric ) rather than throwing it in which is more buggy & nitro style..

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 20:30:01 

full rear droop and 41 frt gear... works wonders

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:32:16 

Try losing rear tracktion and gaining front tracktion to make the car "rotate" easier around corners. If the car pushes go up with the rear diff oil try 5000 or even 7000 if you can handle it on the accelerations. On the rear end use tire pattern that gives less side tracktion. For an example Crimefighters at front and BowTies at rear.

Depending on your driving style you might want to try to adjust brake balance more to rear and use more braking power. You might be able to "brake away the tracktion" and get the car to slide around the corners by doing this.

But usually it is like this:
- go thicker with rear diff oil
- try different tires so you get more grip to front and loose grip at rear
- 41T overdrive front gear won't hurt and might be a nice addition although on loose tracks the effect feels smaller

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 16:19:04 

Yeup, I am a huge advocate of 5-7k in the rear diff. Besides tires, diffs and shocks are the most important things on the car, when we talk about how the car feels, it's usually diffs because they do the job of distributing the power to the ground. If you think about it, you're on the gas 90% of the race track, so I make my car easier to drive on power and go from there. The higher diff oils in the rear will 'lock' the rear end of the car in on power letting you accelerate more controllably.