[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 09:29:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 20:20:26 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 22:00:35 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 22:02:06 

One more thing on the shocks, what are good starting point with the springs and that piston/oil combination?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 00:04:20 

A pretty universal setup (with a stock kit) is:
1.3 x 6 hole pistons (in kit) all the way around with 45wt in front and 35wt in back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 01:23:16 
team driver

I agree with Rocco but the only thing I would give a try is going to the dark blue springs. I have givin up on the silver springs becase I have not been able to find a good oil/piston set-up with them. It's either to heavy oil which makes it too heavy and non responsive and mushy or to light of oil which makes it to light and can pack or handle the load of a off-road track.

With the dark blue springs I can run heavy oil, which is required for the right amount of pack and keep the chasis from scrubbing, but with the dark blue (heavy spring) the rebound responds to making the the shocks feel lively and ready to respond quickly.

It has now become my stock set-up and see no reason to go back any lighter.

It works!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 02:39:22 
team driver

Ive been running the blue/greys all the way around with pretty good success

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 18:03:26 

Jason,
Basically, what is your total shock setup that you are currently using? Pistons, oil, rebound, and springs for front and rear on nitro and electric.

I am looking to try something new with the nitro and have been currently running 10x1.1 with blue-grey springs. I have been adjusting oils between 50-35 Losi oils depending on the track I am running. Traction varies tremendously between them often requiring more changes then just shocks.

I just got the 808e 1 week ago and have had it on the track once. Tried stock setup with silver springs to say I tried it and moved to blue-grey which worked ok with less bottoming out. Did not want to increase more than this because traction was hard to come by and track was completely blown out and loamy. Just looking for a better starting spot with increased weight of 808e. Blue's will be the next thing I try, likely with thinner roll-bars. Rear end also tended to step out on power, but at this point I am contributing to a heavy throttle finger with increased/instant power of electric.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 14:26:37 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 16:37:58 

Thank you gentlemen!, I will give these suggestions a try and greatly appreciate all of the help from you all. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 17:07:24 

Thanks Jason.

I tried the dark blue springs once on the nitro and they seemed too stiff I was running heavier oil at that time though and track was a little blown out. I will give the blues a try again with 8x1.2 pistons and try adjusting other things to get traction back.

808e is new to us all. I was shocked to see it came with silver springs. Just need more time for testing, and I will find something that works for sure. Base setup was quite different then what I have been running on the nitro, but seems to be a good starting point. Once I find a good shock setup, then everything else should fall in place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 18:56:26 

Other then Amain hobbies, where can I purchase 808 parts and upgrades? No local hobby shop for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 19:41:53 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 19:43:59 

What will it take for me to get on the team? I'm getting closer and closer to smokin JB every week. By this time next year, he'll be lucky to stay on the same lap as me. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:52:04 

Thank you pickle, but I cannot seem to order from RCAmerica, which is why I asked. RCAmericas site will not process for a few days now. Will give heltos a try, again thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 21:08:52 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 22:01:18 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 23:24:03 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 02:31:48 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:42:22 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 17:21:40 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next