[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY Wants You!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 15:11:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 16:05:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 03:09:21 

Somebody sounds angry but, I 100% agree! I use hudy graphite grease on my CV joints & have never seen anything better. The idea is give a bigger amount to make sure customers are 100% hooked before they run out. Then let them deal with the hassle of finding more,the more addicted they are the more they will put up with the stuff required to buy hudy/x-ray products. I actually use the individual turnbuckle wrenches as you can get more of an angle sideways on them but that wrench included in the 08 kits has saved my ass more than once when in a hurry. whats an extra dollar taged onto the kit for making the customer happy? & with the quality of that cheap wrench I would think it would push more people into other hudy tools like,like a teaser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 04:11:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 01:43:48 

There are definitely some good thoughts coming out here. To my mind the car is prett much perfect, but if I had my way, here are my top 5 likes and my 5 recommendations or wish list:

Pro's:
Easy to work on
Superb quality of parts
Handles well
Lightweight and strong
Overall it's just a joy to own and drive

Wish list
CVD covers similar to AE/ mugen - as someone else mentioned, it would be easy to extend the axel/cvd cup slightly and include a lip on it

Taller rear body post mount/ hole for bodyclip slightly higher - current one doesn't allow enough flex and damages body.

Cvd pins wear a little too fast - not sure if there's an easy solution to this?

Redesigned receiver/ battery box. Asking for something that's water/ dust tight may be a little too much, but perhaps XRAY could look into over moulding (like how they produce toothbrushes) so the lids have a built in rubber seal? Perhaps you could look into the effects of moving a stick pack battery towards the front of the car in a seperate box with receiver at the rear - I guess this is slightly similar to the losi, but this could help make the car a little more balanced having all that battery weight at the opposite end and side of the chassis to the engine?

And lastly, a bit more steering![/b]

Last edited by Oli on Thu Jul 30, 2009 14:47:55, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 02:45:32 

I cant speak for others but I feel like a fish on a hook.I have bought 3 other brand cars since the 808 for specific dutys & have come to the conclusion that one you get used to an x-ray your screwed as no other car compares.The other cars I bought were not to replace the 808 but for a different purpose & after building & running for awhile I got disgusted with them,constantly comparing them to my 808 so now they sit like money on a shelf colecting dust. I am definitly stuck with x-ray till I find a way to change the way my brain thinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 03:01:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 03:10:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 14:08:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 14:53:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 15:55:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 17:17:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 21:01:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 00:00:11 

Best buggy I have driven. The few annoying things I can mention are...

.. it's a pain to open the battery box.
... make it possible to remove the diffs more easily
.. make the side guards longer in the front to avoid dirt getting into the car.
... I hate she screws that holds the engine mount. I draw them round all the time even if I have fresh Hudy tools. Make the hex deeper please.

Everything else is fantastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 17:22:18 

Post subject: Improvements
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 09:44:17 

The Things I like about the 808

The Car Handles great.
Parts Hardly ever break at least for me and last for awhile
Lots of adjustability

Things I don't Like about 808:

The Number ONE thing for me is the price of things. XRAY you are getting a little rediculous with some of your pricing. I mean COME ON!!! It's Pretty Much $40 for a brandnew 09 body. Thats Friggin Crazy! Same for the V2 Tank. Mugens tank and body are 26 bucks so is the associated. The proline bodies are like 20 and the body is friggin thicker than yours which last longer. I would like to buy some of the option stuff but it's to EXPENSIVE. I heard about the easy up pop up tent that yall are going to be saling and its $600. I can go get one at Walmart for 50-60 bucks. You dont seem to think about the poorer people how have to scroung for money to by parts. When they need them.

Second I would like to see some cvd boots all the way around.

Another Thing I dont like is the pain of taking the front and rear of the car apart. I hate the hinge pins that come with the car. You have to have the wrench on one side and the other with a hex driver. Why couldn't you just have included the front and rear suspension holders like the EC. Then the only option part I would have to buy is the engine mount and taking the front and rear of the car would come apart friggin in less time. I paid around 70 something dollars for the rear suspension holders. I want to get the front but the stuff is to expensive. XRAY YOU NEED TO THINK about the LITTLE PEOPLE with the car for CRYING OUT LOUD.

I would like to see A clunk tank with the same design as the current tank and with the same current fuel line out ports. I want to still connect my fuel line where they come out of on the tank as they are now. ALSO, instead of having to by an ENTIRE tank when the lid goes bad, I want to beable to just replace the LID and not the whole entire tank.

Last think That I can think of right now is the battery box. It is to close to the engine and its hard to get the clip off and battery out. needs to be movied over or redesigned. O and I would like to see an aluminum antenna holder. Hardcoated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 16:36:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 19:56:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 01:42:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43:13 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 02:02:07 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next