[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB9e Body and chassis

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 20:27:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: XB9e Body and chassis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 13:02:41 

Hi Brano,

can you give us a precise timing about the XB9E body? I already wasted money and I don't want to waste any more money on buying bodies not fitting.

Greetings
Sven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 20:54:38 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 22:05:56 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 13:57:06 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:37:36 

every gearbox is different so you can't ask to other people how many shims they use. you have to test it by yourself. you have to have no sideward play. and the diff has to drive smooth. then your diff is perfectly shimmed.

i hope this is the answer to your problem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:47:11 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 22:33:42 

after one day driving, you have to check your diffs again. It could be that you get sidewards play after one day driving or the diff doesn't drive smooth. you can easely check the smoothness. you get off the mid-diff. then you have a axle to your front diff. turn that axle around and you can feel if the diffs is smooth or not. the same for your reardiff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 13:09:40 

Which screws are you suppose to use to get different flexsettings in the chassi.
XB9 '12 has not the exact same screws.
I cant find anyting in the XB9E documentation about this.

In the XB9 '12 there is Soft - Medium - Hard.

What is the flex setting if you follow the manual ? (3 on the left and 4 on the right)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 13:33:18 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 14:01:56 

I found something I DON'T like about the XB9E: the servo saver. It's a PITA

The barrel rotates into its housing when I try to set the correct preload (6-7mm). Reno Savoya just glues the top plastic part to the barrel so that it doesn't move anymore. Other drivers use a 2,5mm set screw that goes through that part and the barrel.

It would be great to release a metal part as an option, the servo saver on the XB9 really is a pain to install

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 20:46:53 

Hi again,

I just noticed a difference between the pistons used in the XB9E compared to the XB9.

In the XB9 you need 500cst oil in the front with 8 x 1.3mm pistons and 600cst oil in the rear with 8 x 1.2mm.

In the added setup sheet of the XB9E it states 500cst in the front with 8x 1.2mm pistons and 600cst in the rear with 8 x 1.3mm.

Is this an error or are the pistons interchanged between the nitro and electric XB9?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 21:39:47 

Pulse_:

If you look att both setup sheets of XB9 and XB9E.
The shock pistons and oil is the same.

It seems to be an error in the text on page 34 in the printed manual. Page 33 is correct.
Also the downloadable manual is corrected.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 21:55:42 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 14:08:35 

Ok... where is the XB9E body?

I would like to have a body to paint it and run the car so I need to know when Xray plans to release it. There are more and more drivers in this situation so it would be appreciated to have a feedback on the Xray official forum at least. The body is an option already which has NEVER been seen on a 1/8 buggy, so the minimum would be to provide some information to the customers who paid 450 to 500€ to get a XB9E. Xray should care a bit more about communication with their customers, on rctech for example there is almost no brand that doesn't provide a team member or a driver to communicate with the clients

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 01:37:23 

ended ordering a Jconcepts Finnisher that looks like a lego truck but well..

If someone from Xray reads this PLEASE make the body look sexy and not like 90% of bodies out there that look like they were designed by a 5 year old (I'm talking about square looking bodies here that are becoming a bit too popular). A smooth design would be welcome, thanks for us XB9E users

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 19:38:17 

any news on a body?

come on Xray..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 06:45:01 

XRAY office was closed for two weeks so sorry for late reply....the new XRAY XB9E body - first prototype should be ready so if it will be ok than it will be produced, however it will take few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05:49 

Good news, but PLEASE, PLEASE, make it of decent thickness and not 50% more expensive than other offerings.

Please also consider supplying one with every kit, and retroactively sending a free one to those who have purchased bodyless kits. Xray, let's face it, bodies are car specific, its not like tires or pinions, which is fair enough. I was utterly mortified when I learned that Xray had released a car without any compatible accompanying body EXISTING, let alone expected to cost extra. This is not the kind of bs one expects from a company like Xray, seriously guys, what the hell was that? Your reputation for quality, design and attention to detail requires you to do better in the preparation and organization departments for future kit releases, and would only be enhanced further by sending out bodies to XB9E retail purchasers.

Thanks in advance and keep up the generally outstanding work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 18:23:22 

Thanks for your answer brano, let's hope "a few weeks" won't turn into a month or more..

I have to agree with foxy42, it's a big mistake. It really makes Xray look like they don't care about their customers at all

I had a race this week end (belgian championship) and even if many drivers were interested in the XB9E, they only talked about the lack of body and Xray brand being so tingy on this one. Why not wait a month more for the release to make sure every one can get a body in the box? It's not a detail for the drivers, not at all. It says a lot about the spirit of the brand. We are in 2013, there are plenty of good buggies on the market and as I said on rctech there is no way the XB9E release could have been worse. I opened a thread about the car (29 pages now) even before Xray communicated about the release of the XB9E.. because BentKa had ordered three of them. No one even knew about the buggy which was available in shops already. It's like Xray doesn't want to sell the car.

It's not about the money, the body being a "detail" for some or anything. It's about what you tell to the drivers saying "ok now you can order a XB9E but the body is an option and we have no clue which one could fit...maybe a Hotbodies or a Jconcepts". Seriously?

If I was in the marketing team which I'm not (I'm a product designer actually) trust me I would do everything possible so that every guy who paid 500$ or more for a kit (I paid 660$ for mine) gets a body for free. And that's not being demanding, that's showing a bit of respect to the owners

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 20:40:24 

Seems to be a bit of a common theme with Xray recently. Consider the XB9'13 body farce.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next