[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - '11 XB808

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 23:19:14

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: '11 XB808
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 00:03:40 

I can feel a new national champion on the arise.... :D

JK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 13:33:30 

I am happy with the new driveline, but missing a cap to secure the central driveshafts pins
like on the Agama ?
so easy, why didn't Xray make it too ? or even better

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 17:46:47 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 07:18:45 

so if i want to try the short arms i have the 2010 chassis with the 09 Alum blocks how would i go about it ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 22:14:33 

Hi all, please could Josh or one of the Team explain what effect will be on the 2011 spec car 'std hub set up', if I
run the rear and/or front as bellow? As regards to on track feel? I know what roll centre change will do with using the top link, But I'm unsure how the set up will feel if using the new hinge pin holders, Thanks.

Long arm - WIDE hinge pin holders - std wheel hex

Long arm - NARROW hinge pin holders - 2mm wheel hex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 23:07:27 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 03:35:47 

I cannot speak for all of the reasons, but it helped reduce the weight by reducing the number of components. It also helped with real estate on the chassis since the joints were moved inside of the bulkhead. With the 2011 setup, XRAY has brought back the time tested pinion style that alot of people were looking for, and they have also made smaller, lightweight couplings and housings to try to keep the weight down even with the extra parts without interferring with other components..

--Bryan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 17:47:55 

Is it possible to use the 2010 chassi plate with the new parts for 2011 drive train?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 04:05:15 

It is possible, but I do not want to say for sure until we have the production parts here to test fit on a 2010 chassis. The mounting points for the front and rear diffs are the same, but the motor and radio tray have been tweaked a bit to accomodate the new angles of the driveshafts. I cannot say for sure if there will interference on the the 2010 pieces, or if XRAY just moved them for a bit more clearance. We should have the parts in another week or two to check, or hopefully someone in Europe can beat us to it and check for you!

If they do not interfer with the 2010 layout, you would need bulkheads, pinion gears, center shafts/couplings/adapters, rear brace, bearings. I think that would cover the conversion.

-Bryan

Post subject: Re: '11 XB808 transponder mount?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 21:13:01 

Post subject: Re: '11 XB808 transponder mount?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33:01 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 01:57:17 

Hi guys, just thought id post some pics of a small mod i have found.

Am aware some people like to cover the cvds on the buggy to prevent dust/grit getting in...

I have noticed the xray shock boots have a perfect fit over the center cvds on the 2011 spec 808 with some material length ways cut off...

As you can see it provides quite a nice seal.

I have tried this over three meetings now and there is no tearing/damage to the boots at all and have stayed in place nicely :).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 00:38:15 

Good find thanks for sharing :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 15:46:31 

Boot may act as a safty catch also... as if the set screw came loose and the pin comes loose. the elasticity of the rubber surounding the metal pin may just allow you to complete a race, rubber might not be strong enough for this though. But would of thought there wouldent be much centripetal force acting on the pin for it to penetrate the rubber... just a thought!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 00:05:48 

Looks quite clever :wink: And front shocks don't really need them anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 14:22:11 

Hi all,

Does anybody Know when the 2011 conversion Kit will Be available?

Thanks

Ben

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 18:25:18 

Hey RC America,

Any update on the 2011 kit arrival? The delay is killing me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:35:28 

Maybe this is already answered, but... What's the thinking behind the new bridge on the servo plate that's between throttle/brake servo and spur gear? Is it there to strengthen the servo plate or just to protect the throttle/brake servo? If using bigger spur then you'd have to remove that bridge?

Attachments:
radiotray.jpg
radiotray.jpg [ 50.63 KiB | Viewed 4645 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 18:08:47 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 18:10:01 
team driver

I took the box stock 2011 808 out for its first spin this past Sunday. The car is fast right out of the box! With the chassis adjustment it makes the car very stable, especially noticeable when jumping.

With the new hinge pin holders, you have such a great tuning window, I love it! You can make the car wider, narrower, massive kick up and anti-squat, or very minimum kick-up and anti-squat. Definitely a setting for every track you encounter.

It made very good traction, mine was not loose at all and I was running on a hard packed slick surface. The track caused a slight push because of the slickness but when I got on throttle the car just took off, forward bite was awesome! When the track dried up and with grip getting better the car was really dialed.

The car carried very good corner speed! Now still I will say that the new adjustable C-hubs with adjustable roll center and new knuckles, gave the car a bit more steering but as stock it was good too!

I also tested the plastic caster blocks, 12 degree, with the 5 degree aluminum knuckles and the steering was super balanced. Good low speed steering but great mid and exit corner speed. I could really get on the throttle coming out of a corner and it held awesome.

I will be posting a box stock set-up that I think most will like. So give it a shot and let me/us know what you think. I will try to get the box stock set-up sheet posted today but for sure by Sunday, after I race the car this weekend for the first time.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next