[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 09:34:55

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:21:30 

Jason,
Thank you for the pictures, they definitely help. Have you experienced any failures in those areas?
Once again thanks,
Norbert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:26:50 
team driver

Never and I've had knucles dremeled down much further than that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 13:22:02 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 23:18:05 
team driver

post 'em for you when i get home tonight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 18:40:15 

Jason,
Have you experimented with different diff oils in your active diff? Your setup shows you use 7k in the truggy and I was wondering if you could explain the advantages of going lighter or heavier. I was thinking lighter might be better since it's going to lock under acceleration anyways? Appreciate all the help,
Norbert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 09:51:17 

Hello everyone,

I am very new at this so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions. In a few days I will go for my first race. I have been practicing at that track for a month or so and even though I don't expect much I would like to go there prepared. What should I do to prepare my XB808 to avoid disaster and also to avoid all those anxious moments at the track during therace?

Thanks in advance! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 20:48:08 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 20:55:53 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 23:14:53 
team driver

lotus here is the pictures i was talking about.....sorry it took so long.

holes will be different for front and rear drive shafts

rough up the surface of the tranny case and just CA glue or shoe goo them on. a silicone adhesive would be good as it might remove easier later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 23:16:10 
team driver

if you do this you can pack a little more grease in the coupling lubing the cvd a little better all while helping to keep dirt out.

hobby fixin :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 21:18:49 
team driver

I do the same thing and get up to 12 hours of runtime between drivetrain rebuilds (replacing all pins and bearings). I ran one set of 13x20 bearings for about 23 hours just to see if they'd last. The pins and couplings hardly wear at all because it's all packed up with grease.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 22:11:41 

cheers .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 18:24:13 

What's up Jason,

I see you run your car all the time at Mike's in Houston. I just got an Xray 2010 spec, and was wondering what setup do you suggest for that layout? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 20:37:41 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 04:13:42 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:21:12 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 23:49:50 

Hello team Xray of America, I have just swithched to Xray from Associated and ran the 808 for the first time. It was a very smooth driving buggy and look forward to many enjoyable races with it. I was talked into this switch by my buddy who has driven Xray for two years and swears by it, I have also seen how durable the metals used are (it does not wear out)(compared to my rc8 did). I also have talked to Ryan Lopez and his dad numerous times and they have always been great, even let Ryan use my pit trailer at the PNBIII this year while I pitted with my buddy, because he has been really cool. I only have one need, I want more steering or rotation, and want to keep it stock (steering knuckles and caster blocks)I do have the aluminum suspension block though. Can you all give me some advice on this matter. The track I raced on was technical, but race on many various tracks, looking for a good base with as much steering while keeping it stock. I do have the rear arms all the way back and hubs forward, front arms are forward, rear ackerman holes for steering, and 553 in diffs, other then that box stock. Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 13:58:57 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:00:03 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:04:50 

Also I have the conical pistons on the way and was wanting a good starting point for shock oil, I use associated shock oil for now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next