[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Rearend very loose..................please HELP!!!!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:28:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 04:16:43 

LMAO..........all I want is some simple help. The only reason I stressed that I am not a newbie is because everyone keeps going back to the basics. I know the basics I just need to know what to do now.

If anyone that has been having problems hasnt checked the diff gears, please do so. I found that all 3 sets of diff gears wears either machined wrong or they are the gears for some other car. They dont mesh together properly and after changing them the diffs work much the way the should.

And again, NITRORACER, do you have a set-up sheet I could looked at? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to everyone for there time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 05:14:56 

I have owned many different XRAY products and have been racing for RC America since it's inception, I have never had any XRAY component machined or manufactured incorrectly.

When things aren't quite right, even the best drivers on the planet go back to basics. Nothing wrong with the basics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 05:29:27 

I don't think that you guys understand that he has TRIED the basics...

and everything else humanly possible.

i think the better question is...

for those of you who fought this problem and tried things... what is your CURRENT setup that resolved it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 05:34:12 

Rich, I have also raced an XB8 for over 2 years now. I have never had problems with anything before being machined wrong, but before you go and say this cant happen, I have 3 sets of gears that I could send you and prove you wrong.

I am not trying to say anything bad about Xray or the machinists, but I have a cnter diff that locks tight when you turn it one way and the front and rear diffs the gear mesh was definanly not smooth like it has always been on my past buggies.

I do truely understand that you must sometimes go back to the basics to get where you need to be, but I spent at least 60 hours trying every imaginable set-up the week prior to the RC-Pro Series finals trying to get this TQ dialed in. I did get it somewhere close to where it needs to be with finding the front and center diff gears bad. I qualified decent,(made the C-main) but the buggy seem to be bad again for my main. After a disapointing main becasue the buggy was loose I came home and worked on this problem again and found the rear diff gears to be kind of sticky also. I will be trying this out this weekend and hopefully I have found the problem.

Like I said before I am not trying to cut anything or anyone down, I have defended this buggy agaisnt all the other buggies. But like was stated before in this thread, with all the questions about the rear being loose wouldnt you think that Xray, RC America, or some of you factory drivers would be trying to figure out what is going on instead of trying to make us all look like we are just a bunch hicks that have just driven a buggy for the first time.

Sorry again for rambling on, but those are my thoughts and how I got to this point. I do truely like this buggy, just wanting some honest help which some of you are trying to do and I thank you for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 06:50:00 

Extreme R/C, YGPM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 15:01:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 15:30:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 15:54:39 

hmm guess i worded that weird... i was refering to the xb8 tere at the end.
so far i have run the losi 3 times at 3 diff tracks, high high high bite, rcp finals, and a slick indoor that used to be my home track.

high bite its hands down faster for me than the sp2, last year i did REAL well with the xb8 at the same track.

finals, did some changes and car was fast, but not me. lol

on the old slick indoor... now here is where i know the xb8 inside and out.
its VERY hard to find turn in here at this place. weird dirt. the 2 people that have xb8s are looking for turn in, as it just pushes. when i had mine i alwas wanted more, but last time i drove it there, i thought it was decent. i drove the 8ight there sunday and one of the guys that has a xb8 bought a 8ight too, and both thought it was better steering than the xb8. cant comment on rear traction on power as they killed the already small indoor by making the outter a Oval... bleh... very small infield.

i still say id go back to xb8 if i had to change cars again, IF they had a optional chassis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 16:16:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 16:56:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 17:32:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 18:51:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:42:34 

Here's the setup you'll want to use if you want more rear traction. I helped nitroracer with his setup and I think he is still running something very similar to get all that rear traction he has on his XB8TQ...

Make sure you read the comments section on the setup sheet because almost everything is explained there on the reason why it works.

Last edited by dbarnes on Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:52:26, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:43:05 

What about that overdriven front diff gear? Isn't there a front diff gear that helps the TQ front end pull the car out of a corner with more authority? Heck I wouldn't mind trying it on my planted XB8 to see if it can be even better.

I empathize with ya Extreme. it's the same as when I was tryin to dial the push out of the XTM X-Terminator. Just couldn't do it! But I found a way to make my XB8 do exactly what I want it to. I know you'll find your setup. It's in there somewhere. There's sooo much adjustability in these buggies that it can be a disadvantage sometimes. But when you finally find it.... :twisted:

Good luck ER!

regards

speed metal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:47:22 

Yep, I am still running something very similar to Daryl's Loose Rear Cure. He helped me with my setup and now I have a bunch of rear traction on loose tracks. "Dbarnes" is the man. He knows a lot about setups and 1/8th scale nitro buggies in general. Too bad he can't drive. :P Just kiddin with ya Daryl! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 23:19:35 

hey guys,

I agree with Slim that there are more posts about a loose rear end than there are about having too much traction, but thanks for the advice; definitely will try them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 23:52:16 

That's because usually if a person has a lot of traction and their car is working well, then why would they need to post on the forums about it? Most people look for as much traction as possible.

That's just the nature of a forum that is supposed to be used for helping people with their car. If your car is working well, you are less likely going to post about it. But if you are having problems then you will make a post trying to figure it out. Makes perfect sense to me.

But if you insist, I guess I should make a post about how much traction I have when other cars are spinning out too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 08:08:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 16:46:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 18:36:07 

i also experienced a center diff malfunction. seemed that when i assemble the diff and try to tighten it down it locks in one direction. i figured it needed a bit of breakin time so i ran it once and it just locked up. the top big bevel gear on the spur chewed the teeth off. i put the center diff gears from my other xb8 in and walha no problems.

kyle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next