[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 08:05:54

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q & A With the U.S. Racing Team
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15:25 

hey guys big xray fan im running the nt1 we,t3 now a t311 and the faithfull buggy.

Only issue i see is no matter what i have done i can get steering on the front ive spoken to numerious team drivers in australia previousley to this and they all have the same complaint, i dont no if its the tracks i run on here.
But we run grass and clay tracks and no matter what, its the same on both surfaces.

I know there is a new buggy out soon but i reckon it needs a new ackerman design not just c hubs etc what to do. i persisted nearly 3 years its a awesome buggy but im realy considering changing buggy camps any help appreciated i wont to stay xray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 14:19:39 

Hi mate what state are you in, We have no problems with steering on grass or clay infact on grass we generally take steering out. What model 808 do you run as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 16:12:31 
team driver

if you could, be a little more specific on where you are looking for steering...entering, middle, exit?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 21:11:43 
team driver

Nitro Challenge set-up.

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=1487&setup=xb808

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 00:18:52 

Dang, that's a pretty funky setup. Heavy springs, shocks laid down as far as you can get them, 4 degrees of camber. Sounds like the track was fast with a lot of traction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 21:49:05 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 15:56:35 

Hi Jason. My name is Gari and I talked with you at the nitro challenge about your setup for your xt8. I'm looking for more on power steering coming out of turns. I have changed diff oil to 10/20/6, but I havent been able to get the active diff yet so will try the diff oil changes this weekend. You also suggested more kickup in the front. Should I order the Euros optional kit? I'm going to Fearfarm this weekend to give it a try. I also plan on going to the Nitro pit in the next couple weeks so would be fun to run your setup there. Could you post your setup sheet? I was sorry to see you broke in the truck main. It sure looked like you had your xt8 dialed.
Thanks for all your help,
Gari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 15:59:34 
team driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 00:00:08 
team driver

Here is my XT8 Set-up Sheet.

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=434&setup=xt8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 16:26:51 

Jason Thanks for the setup sheet. I picked up an active diff yesterday and will try it this weekend. What are you running for droop front and rear? I don't have setup blocks so if you could give me a measurement of your choice that would be great. I was very impressed with how friendly and helpfull you were at the Nitro Challenge considering how much car prep you had to do to get ready for the next race.
Thanks Gari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 16:36:19 
team driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:11:36 

Jason, under what track conditions are you running the 10 hole pistons in the XT8? I ordered some to try along with the new ribbed bladders and finally picked up the front aluminum hubs. I also got a set of the 808 hexs to try to gain some more steering too. I keep finding myself wanting more on power steering. I'm wanting to get on the gas earlier when exiting the corners but the push is preventing me from doing so.

I ran the icebreaker at Indy and by the main I had my setup pretty good. I ended up with the 1.3x6 pistons and 800 front / 750 rear with the violet springs. It really felt good, rear end my have been over sprung a little. I will try the blue springs when we go back for the RC Pro. The rear end was a touch bouncy in the rougher section, not bad and I had a slight push on corner exit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 21:03:23 
team driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 15:44:28 

Hi guys, I need a bit of help, I'm come back to Xray after a break with '09 version, now I ordered the '11 edition and I need to know wich springs I need, normally in my '09 I use the violet on front and gray-blue at rear, but now with '11 kit it seem that the car have a different handling, geometry and much more..., can someone tell me wich shocks springs, and swaybars I have to buy at first ? I think that if the car have a more stable rear, the shocks springs that I need are only the front gray-blue? and 2.2 sway I'm right? normally our track is bumpy with medium traction and big jumps.
Another question, in my '09 I always used the 14° caster block, now I have seen that people use the 12° caster block the most of the time?? I have a small budget at this time and can't waste money, I'll buy other things in the near future ( depend on my wallet :mrgreen: ) if have other suggestions you are welcom :wink:

Thanks to all

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 21:00:03 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:12:04 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 18:52:29 

Jason,

I've never been to the track in Corpus. I hear it gets a little rough. You have any setup tips, mainly suspension?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 18:59:20 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 22:43:31 

That's what I've done so far. I'm starting with 550/500 and 1.3x6 pistons. I was thinking about taking out some anti squat since I know it will be rough. I've got all day Friday to get it dialed though. I'll see you there.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 00:00:43 

Hi Jason
Just wondering if your using the ISS. system or the Euros on your XT8. What is the difference between the two? Other than the ISS. includes parts for front and rear.
Thanks Gari

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next