[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - linkage binding?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 02:28:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: linkage binding?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 21:03:46 

I just built my first xb808 last week. (got a deal I couldn't refuse) and when I'm setting up my t/b linkage it seems that the slider is too high up and the linkage is at an angle the buggy doesnt like, I have bent the rear brake linkage rod and my epa is set way down to 30% on brake side. If I take out my rubber grommets on the t/b servo that may help with the issue but I dont want to do that on a $100 servo. any suggestions? anyone else have this issue?

Post subject: Re: linkage binding?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 21:34:38 

Post a pic of your linkage setup .do it with all the radio gear on so I can see it in the neutral position and with the air filter off

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 00:43:17 

I'll get pics up later tonight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 19:03:34 

I fixed my problem. just bored out my sliders a bit and that fixed the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 21:25:59 

Hi.

I got the same problem. I got two Vortex servos and to fit them in I needed to lower the radio tray by 4(!)mm for usage with the shock absorbers (3mm still w/o) which is very critical on the steering servo where 2mm on top and on bottom is the absolute limit and also just possible with cutting out the side guard.

Now I have two pricy Hitec servos and can't use them with the shock absorbers. And running servos with a "Glockenanker Motor" (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... vorne.jpeg) w/o shock absorbers has some risk on the run. What a mess in "standard servo" industry with all the different heights from the lower edge of the mounting wings to the top edge of the servo output gear! That can't go on that way. And the best thing is ... try to find out the complete measures before you buy a servo! Impossible on most brands.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 00:39:30 

Mount your servo and space it up as required I made some spacers but I think losi do them in plastic.Then there are sPacers from xray to raise Center diff up to match height. These where used in 06/07 for larger spur gear . The part no is 354032

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 17:50:16 

That's not the problem. The problem is that almost every servo needs to be mounted lower for the use with shock absorbers which is not possible without modifications. And lifting the center diff shouldn't be the solution because then the body gets touched by the upper brake linkage. 1mm could maybe be ok still but more isn't possible on modern buggies. The mounting wings just sit too low at almost every servo. They should made them higher because then shimming the servos up in case you don't want to use the shock absorbers is no problem. Thanks for the part #.