[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Questions about off-road set-up stand...

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 03:19:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Questions about off-road set-up stand...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 02:19:35 

I am trying to use my Hudy set-up station on an "other-than-Xray" product. Okay, I'll confess; the vehicle is a Traxxas Slash, Short Course Race truck. Adapting the wheels was the easy part.
But I have a few questions regarding the info in the instruction manual.

I understand the station was made for use with the XT8 and 808 which are 4WD vehicles. And the instructions, explanations, causes, and effects are based off ofthose vehicles. Question one: Is it safe to assume that the explanations of the different adjustments' causes and effects are the same with my 2WD vehicle as they are my XT8? Example: Roll center hole positions, and camber adjustments having the same affect(s)? I have noticed one difference: On the truggy, 4WD, the ideal is to have the front tires toe out and the 2WD trucks not so much. Obviously my TRX isn't nearly as fine-tunable as the Xray but I am trying to apply some of the same science if possible. NOt to mention make good use of this setup station.

Lastly, and Im begging here; seriously it isn't a pretty sight! With the growing and stable popularity of the Short Course Racing in the USA, would it be too ridiculous to think XRAY would produce a Short course truck for us? I am nearly ready to start hacking away on an 808e to make one myself.....please fellas, give it at least half a cup of coffee's worth of thought. Please.

Post subject: Re: Questions about off-road set-up stand...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 09:05:02 

The principals are the same for off road so any change in hole position will give same effect.

Short course has a big following in the USA like electric, but as an example UK wise is dead in the water & no one runs them or if they do its for bashing & not racing .

Post subject: Re: Questions about off-road set-up stand...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 16:11:46 

Thank you Bren for the speedy responce.
I am sorely disappointed that xray wouldn't at least consider it. It seems, to me, there is enough intrest in the class of Short Course to warrant a truck from xray. At least on our side of the pond. I also believe that it might take off again in the UK and other places if they would make one. I might even go so far as to say Short Course is even moreso popular than the Truggy; nitro OR electric. But it is up to Mr. Hudy I guess so I will not continue to argue. Just to say the adjustability of the xrays and superior construction would make them a force to be reckoned with in Short Course Racing. We're used to having the best equipment in the buggy and truggy class so it stands to reason we'd want an Xray in any other class we decided to race in.
Thanks again.