[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Pre-purchase XT8 questions

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 03:22:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Pre-purchase XT8 questions
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 00:35:25 

I'm interested in purchasing this truck (2009 spec) but I have some questions. Despite looking, I cannot find any general guidance on engine/pipe or servo selection and want to avoid purchasing components that either do not fit or are not on-par with the quality of the XT8.

I understand that component selection is usually determined by a number of factors besides fit and quality, so here's a little info: I don't race, and likely I never will, but I like my vehicles to have good low end and a reasonable top speed. Underpowering in any way is not acceptable. I have experience with nitro trucks, but mostly lower end RTR Monster (Savage) and kit (HPI NMT). This is the first time I will be building a high quality, expensive truck and I want to make sure I get it right.

If anyone can offer some assistance with selection of a good engine/pipe combo and servos, I would really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, does the 2009 kit come with tires/wheels? I have gotten some conflicting info on this. If not, what is a good all-around tire/wheel that would work on road/dirt/grass, if there exists such a thing?

Thanks,

e

Post subject: Re: Pre-purchase XT8 questions
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 13:47:25 

We find the XT8 a great platform if you purchase one i would also get the alloy hinge pins holders but not 100% necessary. Engine wise you would not be disappointed with a OS and pipe combo easy to tune and holds a tune well and propels the truggy well we run the OS 21 with OS 2060 great combo...Wheels forget the kit ones if they still come with them PL or AKA have it sorted....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 20:01:01 

Hmm.. Thanks for the response. There are several .21 OS engines, do you have a preference?

How about servos? I'm thinking Hitec 7985 and 7965 for steer/throttle. Will these fit?

Are you referring to the hinge pins off one of the Xray buggies? I've read that people are using pins off of Mugen, is this specifically to avoid the e-clips? Which ones? I do not like e-clips either. Seems captured pins would be the way to go. Are there still complaints regarding leaking shocks on this model?

e

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 04:30:00 

Hi,

I would go for the OS 21XZ-B and OS 2060WN pipe and header combo.

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2050.html

Servos that's what we run in out Truggy (XT8) and we have never had one fail on us yet. The hinge pins get the XT8 ones they are black in color and work well and make small changes to toe and anti squat much easier at the track. As for leaking shock our big bores have never leaked a drop but in saying that some have follow the instructions to the tee and you should be ok. but yes they might leak...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 00:24:20 

If you aren't racing, the aluminum hinge pin holders would be a waste. To eliminate the e clips, just order the hinge pins for the 808 buggy. Direct fit and much cheaper. For servos, look at the hitec 7955. It's probably one of the best and most reliable servos on the market. I've run mine for a year now with 0 issues.
There's several motors out that will work for what you want. I'd suggest a Novarossi P5XLT with a Dynamite 086 pipe. It makes great power and is a known motor that will last several gallons.
No real upgrades are needed to the XT8 out of the box. It's a solid platform and will run with the best of them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 07:30:16 

That's good info. Still trying to decide between this platform and the Mugen. It's a lot of cash for a basher but I like the quality. If anyone has any more suggestions or ideas I would be interested.

What is the best electric conversion kit? (the best?! ha)

~e

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 02:53:05 

[color=#800000]I´m running in Brazil with XT8 and engine NINJA ( modification OS ) 44000 rpm , easy for regulation ! I make the third place in championchip ,Rio de Janeiro , one year ( 2010 ) with the same engine !!! My servo an Savox 1256TG - and 1258TG !