[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - PROJECT "X"

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 01:24:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: OK OK....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 16:57:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 05:37:06 

Post subject: Opinions NEEDED!!! on Video review
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 05:39:55 

Please see the beginning of the Battle Truck movie and let me know your thoughts.. I'm trying to get a BROAD view of opinions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht653hAzUVc

Remember,
I need your honest opinion, Is this to much for RC Video (?) I’ve had several people (neighbors) say it too much, what are your thoughts on watching something like for say about 8 minuets of bashing and thrashing my BT ??

Please note this is only the first 49 sec….

Opinions PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks Guys..

P.S.
Really it’s OK to say it sucks or hell yea it’s WAY to FRICKEN much.. it’s a new program and It’s my first real attempt anything like this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:45:48 

Keep right on goin.... :lol:

Make the text more readable, and slow down the scroll. Also sometimes less effects makes for a better video, so be careful where you use the effects and how much you use them. You don't want it looking to junky. But hey, you got a good start, keep it going!

:)

Post subject: Posting Video!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25:11 

Well I’ve decided to post the “Making of” the Battle Truck video, my land mines didn’t come in on Friday, I'm traveling all next week and my video is already just under 8 minuets now. :shock: So I figured I’ll brake out the town attack as a separate saga clip 8) (LOL.LOL)

Thanks for your time team, all of your fantastic comments and extremely kind words of encouragement through the process, it’s been a blast building this project with you! and I hope you like the video!!!

Video!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TklEMACMzFU

P.S.
I don’t know if you will be ever will be able to look at a XT8 the same way again ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Forward Progress continues!..
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:32:37 

Just and FYI!!
I added a Grenade Launcher to the Battle Truck!.. (See the video below)

And I got some landmines I’ll be using for the attack scene on the town..

LOL.LOL got to love RC’s…

Thanks for your time everybody and have a great week..

Landmines!

After it’s first explosion..

Grenade Launcher:

Here is a quick Video of the truck firing a Grenade (just incase you where curious how I did it!.. LOL.LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz_YQCc34n0

Thanks for you time everybody and have a great WEEK!...

YES,
This is my XT8!!! LOL.LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:16:39 

Post subject: Flamethrower! & Mac 11 addition!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17:02 

I

DID

IT!!!!

WOOOT, WOOOOT, WOOOOT, WOOOOT…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18:46 

Sorry I don’t want to get ahead of myself!.. Ahhmm.. Gentlemen!, I present to you the… Drum role please!... LOL…….

The Flame Thrower!! How I did it! and Why ?? LOL.LOL.LOL

So sit back, “light them if you got them” :oops: while I walk you through my many, many, many :yes: failures and finally success with system that has (ONLY) one flaw in it! :oh: and when you talking about fire and safety how big of flaw is it?? Well just read on and or see the video HHHHhaaaaa.. and see for yourself.. LOL.LOL.

So this is how it all started out guys was me basically spouting off to the team that Hey I can reach down grab them and pull this off! (actually it was after two bottles of wine) .. but still / no the less many words of encouragement came and then it was time for me to go out and spend money on just about any product I could find that is:

Main requirements:
1. Small in size
2. Aerosol
3. Flammable

I needed to start some where so I figured out the foundation of the flamethrower is the fluid, so which fluid will give me a consistent ignition and large (3-5’) of flame when demanded upon. Well here is a photo of the all different fluids and hoses that were possible canidents for routing as / would be required.

First off the:

WD-40
(Really didn’t do it for me) it only worked about 45% of the time (it only shoot out a steam, if when it’s the mist it’s goes 100% of the time. But that was one of my hurdles to overcome; it had to be a steam of gas or fluid. Therefore it was a contender..

Power green Gas
(This I use for my Mac 11 mag, landmines and grenade for my launcher). Anyway it was just too big in general and it’s pressured @ 400 psi so I figured I really shouldn’t go there anyway..

Bugoff (Outdoor aerosol can that read flammable) Well its NOT!.. NEXT… this was a big waist of time and money..

Pam.
Worked Outstanding 85 percent!, BOOOO, Booooo.. I was hoping to use this but I needed 1000%.. Next!

Coleman
(camping fuel) This is NO!, NO! NEVER, I repeat NEVER!!! Attempt to use this with this system.. BAD things happen.. It does not keep a seal vertically (ooppsss).. Yes I found out the hard way but at least I still have my eyebrows.. LOL.

Axe body spray
(it an aerosol can that read flammable) Well it’s not but the spray tip / part is and can be used!, I repeat this is worth the price just for the tip mechanism alone. I didn’t use it in my build but it can be used in yours..

Colibri
(Butane lighter fuel refill) This stuff worked toooooo GOOOOOOODD I couldn’t use it, to strong it sacred me!.. (Remember!) I have a 4s 5000 mAH lipo and a 3000 psi air tank that works my paint gun so if this goes wrong it will go wrong fast and in a BIG TIME WAY!..

Silicone Oil Spray:
(This stuff worked Great) it was a runner up!, but failed to make the final cut do to the fact that it had a high flashback (IE) when it’s off how much still burns on the tip (not a good thing!) and it was liquid!, I really wanted to gas.. I didn’t want to leave the burnt trail everywhere I shoot it!. But a great 2nd alterative if your on dirt all the time!? A strong contender..

Tag
Worthless!!.. But I’ll be irresistible to the ladies (so they tell me!) LOL.lOl

Right Guard
(Body spray) Leave it on the body!, it’s worthless for this application!...

Pure All
(Auto Air conditioner Oder Purifier) Ding!, DING, we have a winner!!!! This shoots out GAS!!! (yes!) and it gets cold when it benign used, Yes another plus for me. The thing that really took it over the top was the fact that the trigger mechanism would work (OUTSTANDING!! GREAT!) for both the servo mech and feed to the front / top discharge! But it does have a medium flash point! (Not a good thing!)..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:19:27 

Ok so now that the source of the flame has been chosen, now I need to figure out a way to get the source to the front the truck (all of the original sources) were / are push button down and side discharge!, well I needed top discharge, so that meant that I needed to push down the can stem and still have a upward charge on a canister that would also be laying on it side. (Well I'm not asking for a lot am I)..

Well after striping down the top that came with the AXE can I learned that OK I can use the (small) plastic part at the end / bottom can for the tip of the but (IT gives it a mist) BIG BAMM.. Now I could use fluid if I wanted to switch up ???, NOPE!, I'm tweaked at this point! I mean (focused) and on a mission and cant be sidetracked buy possible other possibilities at this point. So now I head back the Pure “all trigger system”, DAM this works great!!, I just need to do two things to it in order for it to work for me!.

1. Permanently fill-in the horizontal side discharge nozzle
2. Drill a hole into the top of the it (dead center) so I can use a plastic tube to tap into the center and therefore allowing fluid / gas to run straight up, in lue of sideways..
3. Of course how to mount it (??)

Well after much research with some help of the wine god I Got it!, I got I all figured it! and here is what it looks like..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20:13 

Ok, Now I need to work on the fire mechanism!. Well LHS was having a sale and I need a servo to work the trigger on the Aerosol can, so I got a Hi-tech HS-645MG (it OK) it’s got 107 oz of torque and all metal gears and for $38.00 worth the money.. But since (MetalMan) was busy I didn’t get the fricken employee discount!! (BOOO, BOOO).. LOL.LOL.. Life moves on..

Now I have the servo, the location, now lets mount it and get it working!..

OK I need to put this tank somewhere it doesn’t get hot or touch anything that is electric and I need to mount it someplace that it fits with the body on and off.. (I'm not asking for a lot am I) LOL.LOL

Got it.. I’ll strap the rear down to the side of the paintball gun and the front I’ll zip tie to the top of the steering brace, allowing half of the front nozzle to rest on top the of the receiver box. Now I needed to mount the servo to a location that would allow it to hit the trigger pushing it down and allowing the gas to escape through the top (without any leaks) and safety exit out the front of the build. I also needed to paint the can to match it new surroundings, I’ll get sticker made up for it later but here is the general idea.

This picture explains that the trigger can be activated by the top as well as the side / frontal..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20:44 

Ok, now its all set up!, its been field tested, worked 100% of the time flawlessly,:yipi: pre-tested and set the servo horn and added front stainless steel braided hose to front tip plus installed the body!.. :wink:

So what do you think ?? :neutral:

I know, I know!, right about now your probably at the stage well OK, it sounds like this bozo got the basics covered!, but how is he going to light it (???)

(THAT my friends) is the $100,000,000.00 question??? How do I light it ??:neutral:, I tried the glow plug thing / idea nope that didn’t work, :no:(shoot!) I got a great flex lighter but for the life of me I cant figure out how to keep it lit!, I might end up jamming something into it (foam) as al last resort. :yes:

Right now I need to actually activate the gas and then physically light it and run back (this sucks) but still provides me with a enough hope that I / WE (YOU) the team can help me figure out how to light it through the build.. I’ll post some still pictures of it flaming tomorrow but now real video unless it’s under 10 sec at this point.. IMO it’s still cool looking at the point I can stand back and let it rip!.. LOL.LOL…. So who’s the first victim, BL (???) HHHHaaaa, HHHHHaaa, Hhaa…

Thanking you all in advance for your great ideas and help..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:21:29 

I also figured out a way to mount my new Mac 11 to it but really I was thinking (why??) why even think about adding anything else too it!, I mean really just to recap:

• Dual Smoke (check)
• Tire gouging (check)
• Front ramming spikes (check)
• Grenade Launcher (check)
• Rear net shooting (check) but still in R&D phase
• Rocket shooting (check) but still in R&D phase
• Fully auto paintball (check)
• Flame thrower (check) final stages of R&D (two issues to work out)

With the silencer on:

So what do you think (?) Yes or No ???

Thanks guys..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:23:04 

Hey guys,
Here a short Teaser video of the flamethrower in action.. 8)

I'm editing the making off video now and the cool thing is I set fire to another RC truck and I see how well Major Tang can take the heat!.:party:. FYI he goes up FAST!,:oh: :lol: it’s pretty cool he & the RC melts away to nothing. :na: :intello: :wink:

Anyway I’ll post some great fun video of it in the next day or two.. :mdr:

Thanks for your time everybody and have a great week.. :intello:

Shaun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 20:22:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 23:50:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 07:37:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 07:38:42 

Flamethrower is working better but I need to work on my distance still..

Here is a quick (much better) 60 sec video!.

One lessened learned is I should have soaked down the truck in lighter fluid before filming / OOo well Next TIME! LOL.LOL.LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dPHRwnqQ8

Thanks for your time and have a great one