[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY announces XB8R

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:29:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 02:09:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 17:17:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 18:03:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 00:53:05 

spur gear, batts, outdrives rubbing on drive shafts , shock seals at the bottom , diffs leak , chassis cracking , etc etc , dont get me wrong xray are a superb car , in my opinion the best on the market and it beats the hell out of the opposition and are a easy car for me to understand and set up , fantasic manual , but ..... a tad expensive on replacment parts and the price initially for the kit is a bit expensive too , espeicially when youve got to add parts and hop ups to make the car reliable , some people are not finding a problem with the car but alot are . opinions are what people are entitled too and they can be veiwed on this forum , all im saying is that the problems with the car as it is should be addressed and carried forward to the next model not just an visual improvent on the last ... bearing in mind the only problems ive had is leaking shock seals and diffs and a battery failure .......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 04:04:48 

i respect your opinion! but realize people come on here for help and most of them really dont know much about 8th scale in general and have caused many of the probs themselves. the only hop ups you need (and you can do w/out it) is the front brace and maybe the new motor mounts that are comming out. the center diff is a prob but they are solving it or already have. the car is by far ahead of say , the K-car and look how long it has been around. its wayyyyy ahead of its time and i myself wouldnt buy another bug ever.the support is the BEST by far and i couldnt ask for anything more. its just like when you do something good or bad----what do you think people will hear about???????.................the bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 06:17:35 

There is a general rule to media, Bad News Sells.
With that in mind you should know that 1,000 people can talk about how great a product is or how nice a person is but it only takes one negative comment (true or not) to put doubt in ones mind. Having said that I firmly believe that a comment on reliability of a car should be left to those who own them or have owned them. Stating what you have heard others say is simply heresay and does more harm to reputation than good.
I have owned the Mugen, Kyosho, OFNA, Thunder Tiger (mirage) and the current car Xray XB8. I know from past experience with all of them where the flaws are and while none of them are without any flaws I firmly believe FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE the XB8 is by far a better car with only minor glitches to it's design which I think have been addressed and improved the car that much more. The statement about "espeicially when youve got to add parts and hop ups to make the car reliable ", I call BS on that. My car is all stock except for the front brace from Xray, which I added for the looks more than anything else and you know what?, I managed to enter it in a large race with over 70 drivers in 1/8th alone and place in the top 10%. I never did that with any of the other cars I owned and that most of the time was due to a failure in the car ie. something breaking or a clip getting lost etc.
I know each of us has an opinion and that is great and I know there are many more people with opinions on the car and chances are they are a vast majority that you may never hear from because they are happy or content with the product from Xray.
So there ya have it." You will hear the squeaky wheel but the other 1,000 are silent as they are fine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 16:01:41 

Derek truely loves his XB8. He likes it mainly because he can be very fast with it without having to be strapped and over drive it. This makes for a much more consistant run every time because he is basically cruising. He was VERY concerned about making the switch and running the Xray because he did very well with his X5 last year and he and I were worried that the new car may hold him back. Well those worries were gone after just a few races with the XB8 and we have had very few breakage issues with the car and that is VERY important as well. As Inferno posted you will always hear and remember the negative things but very rarely hear and remember the positive ones. Xray has done a top notch job on fixing the few issues with the car and have done it very quickly.
Derek is on the Xray team and I thank Ralph Burch, Rich Starr, and Xray/RcAmerica for that. But like I told Derek from the get go if you don't like the car and are not fast with it we will try something else. Derek being his best is what is most important to me at this time and we both feel that the XB8 gives him what he needs more than any other car at this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 19:38:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 20:14:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 01:10:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 04:25:29 

SPIT IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 06:44:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 23:09:27 

i didnt say i needed upgrades i stated i needed new parts after my first outing wth the car for e.g. the shock bottom seals were leaking pretty bad and i had to replace them after my first outing i have been building rc cars for years and never come across any problems i havent a single upgrade on the car and still use the original front brace , and i also praise the car in its performance , i suppose its a quality issue in some of the parts and xray as a company are trying to resolve issues which is a good thing , im not putting xray or its product down in any way , i love the car immensly .....