[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB808e Electircs and gearing

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 21:31:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB808e Electircs and gearing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 16:53:57 

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of my 1st electric 1/8th an xray 808e! I cant tell you how excited I am to build the car and run it but its gonna be a long road as I am coming from 1/10th off road background and I am having a nightmare choosing electrics/ motor/ batteries.

Rightly or wrongly I have chosen a Hobbywing 150a speedo with a 2200kv motor. I know the motor maybe too much for a buggy and I'm quite prepared to get a smaller motor if required such as a 1700kv - any advice would be great. The biggest thing I cant decide on is cells...I was going to get a set of nanotechs - 4s 6000mah but this is a soft pack - I run nano techs in all my 1/10th cars and are really great!
My main question is after spending a fortune I don't want to blow the car up by cooking the motor or cells so can anyone give me any advice as to what power cells to motor and pinion to run?!? I will be racing at KRMC, Herts now and agin and fairlop so descent size tracks with run times of around 20mins max!

I know I have asked a lot but just want to get it right without finding out the hard way if possible

Thank you very much - over & out :D

Post subject: Re: XB808e Electircs and gearing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 17:20:44 

Use 2x 2S hardcase packs, in your case nanotecs. A strong battery won't blow up your electronics ;) You cant go wrong with choosing batteries, generally the more the better, just make sure it is 4S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 19:09:43 

i run turnigy 4s 5000mah packs in my cars for years now, with no issues. low price..

i use Tekin RX8 speedo, and Tekin 1900 motor with a 14t pinion.. last around 15+ minutes on a pack

also, make sure your LVC is set for 4s, and you should be fine. if you run a lipo too low voltage.. it can cause huge issues..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 08:05:08 

I drive that turnigy too but I want to test a gens ace battery. That has nothing to do with the turnigy, it's a very good battery but the gens ace has some better things for that money