[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - '007 Shocks

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:23:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: '007 Shocks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 15:41:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 15:48:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 16:17:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 21:51:12 

I can buy them straight from my xray spares dealer for about 20 pounds for four

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 09:25:31 
team driver

Dear Kobiwon,

What is the reason to not like the plastic shocks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:08:19 

I like the shocks that come with the 007, they perform extremely well; however with a metal adjustable collar on a plastic body there is an added concern of cross threading. Although this is address in the instruction manual it is always a concern.

There is a part number for Alu/Teflon shock bodies of 308320 however, I am not sure it is fully compatible with the original hardware.

I doubt I will change to alu shock bodies, there has been a significant amount of thought, design and engineering gone into the 007; why would I want to change to older equipment (308320 Alu/Telfon bodies are from the T1 series).

Saying that I do know how good alu and anodized bits look :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 14:04:14 
team driver

Hi Jaxgough,

If you put just a little shock oil on kollar or on body shock there is no way to cross threading. I used plastic shocks same as all our team drivers and we are extremely happy with them. Although we have as an option aluminium ones, nobody whom I know use them. Why? because nobody concerns about plastic ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 14:54:43 

The shocks being plastic really isn't what I meant. I just was told there there are better performing shocks than the ones that come with the Xray. I have a post on the '007 thread in which I am having a problem setting up my '007 for low bite tracks. I am just trying to think of anything I can that would help me. Some people I race with said there cars were night and day different (better) when they put other brand shocks on their cars. I don't know, I am just really frustrated, because I sold my other brand car which was awesome to get a '007 and I can't get the car to handle. I feel like I made a mistake. But I see all team drivers doing well with the car so it has to be a good car right? I mean I know driving has allot to do with it, but you have to have a car that can handle to drive good. Maybe the car doesn't do well on low bite tracks, I don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 15:21:20 
team driver

So, problem must be in the set up but I am sure not in the shocks. So please, how your car feels, no traction? What kind of tires do you use foam or rubber? I will try to help you because I am sure that our car can be comperable with others in performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 15:40:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 17:19:37 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 17:53:28 

I looked at your setup that you've posted. You have DROOP of 1mm and 1.5mm F/R, or you have DOWNSTOP 1mm and 1.5mm F/R. They are different, but I think you already know that, just to make sure, because I did spent a lot of time fighting with setup, only find that at the end I have no droop at all. I also suggest you loosen up the diff. (front and rear). I run rear diff slightly looser than front diff too.

I run a similar setup, with stiffer front spring and more camber angle, and it runs great, actually slightly loose all around too. Try running a few laps and check your tire wear, maybe you need more camber angle.

As for your problem, I guess you mean your car is understeering (pushing) on throttle? Can you hear your tires spinning (free spinning on the track) when on throttle cornering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 18:17:45 

Well, it pushes going into the corners more as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 18:29:40 

Guys, let's keep the discussion of Kibiwon's setup in the T1/T2 thread. This one is about dampers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 19:00:05 

I appeciate all the help guys. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 20:31:36 
team driver

Kobiwon. Hi I would like to help you more than what is possible for me to do with typing(mainly because i stink at it) could you E-mail me at Customworkspl@aol.com and from their we can set up a phone conversation and then i think i can help you with all of your questions and complaints. Thanks paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 20:47:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 23:05:51 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 00:11:29