[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Anyone use a millenium pro charger ?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:31:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Anyone use a millenium pro charger ?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 18:34:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 19:39:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 19:47:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 20:25:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 20:34:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 23:55:19 

Post subject: Well some figures i guess
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:05:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:12:34 

Post subject: Confused apex
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:18:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 08:27:48 

Post subject: I just got mine...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:51:36 

I can't from what i can see adjust anything ...

Just the no of cells and the amps still ... ? On nicad, i get all options to change ie mv ...

I only just bought it ? and its not been discontinued yet according to their site ?

Its a novak millenium pro charger as per ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:08:33 

The NiMH2 program should be fine, mine also doesn't have the option to change the Delta Peak cutoff.

Are the batteries warm or cold when the charger stops?
If they are warm they are full, cold they are not full yet and the charger false peaked.

Post subject: Warmish...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:57:59 

They were warm, is the volt end reading more important ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 13:12:47 

Col, my novak doesn't have a NiMH profile (it's that old :wink: ) so I use the Nicad program when I use it. However normally I charge using a Robitronic charger.

On the 1500 reading, are you sure the battery was fully discharged before you charged it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 13:13:07 

The End voltage reading will change depending on the cell age.
It should be at least 9V (new cells) but can go up to 9.5V for older cells.

But any additional info you can give may help us.

You do discharge your cells after use? Do you use an equalize tray?

Post subject: I don't have a tray..
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 13:33:43 

I don't have a discharge tray, I am looking to get one next, what one is good to go for, I don't want to pay the world either as that charger cost me £130 (sale as its old) ? What ones would you go for, or have i got the wrong charger.

The change was because my old charger just started to make the batteries very hot ! Not good ... Went with novak as others have had good sucess with them ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 14:11:45 

The Robitronic tray or the Orion one are good. They can be left unattended without discharging the cells fully. They are affordable as well.

What I wanted to know is if you discharge yours cells, either by running the car until it almost stops or by using a discharger. (Ie. light bulbs, Orion/CS discharger).
Of course chargin a half full pack will only yield a 1500Charge.

Don't worry about the Novak Millenium, it's nearly perfect :D

Post subject: Hmm
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 15:02:40 

I just let the car discharge the pack by running it down so the cells are not individually discharged, is it possible there are all out now, hence the false peaking ?

I have another two packs that are for my fk05 of the same cells from a another team driver, peak 33's they have been discharged and charged for 5 mins (for storage) so will charge those two packs tonight at 4 amps on the nimh profile 6 cell ofc :)

I will post the results of both packs and see what you guys think of the charge info result ... :)

Is the orion discharger you mention the tray ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 18:17:40 

i wold also recomend the trinity Absolute Zero tray, or the Novak Smart tray.The novak tray has adjustable cut off from .1-.9 volts per cell and has dead short mode as well. And completes my set as i own a millenium pro, novak n-power, and the smart tray. discharging is detramental to keeping your batteries performing better longer. and the millenium pro is discontinued according to there web site. http://www.teamnovak.com/products/product_disc.html

Post subject: Apex
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37:07 

I charged my other peak cells and they were stored with 5 mins charged and put in about 2998 mAh and about 2595 sec 8.95v.

They started at about 7.6 V i think ...

The cells that peaked falsely put in about 1200 mAh and took about 1600 sec...

They interestingly started at about 8.20 V tho, I think its obviously they need a proper discharge now to solve the prob.

Q1: I know you mention its detrimental, But do you think in your opinion that a discharge on a tray could help ?

Q2: They are side saddles with a long cord across the length of the battery so i can store them in their box etc ... is the connector wire going to be in the way ...

Any help apex is great, don't worry if i don't make much sense tho !!! :lol: