[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Final Drive Ratios

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 16:32:07

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Final Drive Ratios
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 23:46:53 

Hi guys,

Been looking at the setups on the website and looking at FDRs. A lot are using what i presume is 64dp gearing as they are running 110/116 spur gears.

The issue i have is that when using the gear chart for 38T/20T pulleys (ratio 1.9) and i match the pinion and spur on the chart its not giving me the same FDR as on the set up sheets.

E.G Set up sheet stating - Pinion 26T and Spur 110T giving an FDR of 4.2

The chart for the above states - 8.04

Anyone got any advice or opinions

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Final Drive Ratios
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 23:51:38 

I think a lot of drivers don't actually fill out the gear ratio section, so they are wrong.
Part of the problem is that different motors and ESC combinations need different gearing, even on the same track so it's not much use.

Post subject: Re: Final Drive Ratios
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 02:38:14 

I sometimes put the pinion/spur info in a set up sheet and when it is saved find it has some bizarre FDR...! 3 options
1. Download and laminate the correct gear ratio chart from the X-ray site.
2. Depending on type of phone there are various apps that can be bought to help with such issues. I believe Gearit2 may not be available anymore but RC CAR SETUP by Martin crisp is. This will give you all the info on set up for a car as well as have an FDR calc. Just type in pinion and spur along with internal ratio and it will give you the info required.
Or
3. Spur gear(teeth) divided by pinion (teeth) then multiply by internal ratio (1.9 over the last few chassis's) will equal an FDR!