[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Quick Queastion about belt / eccentric bearing adjustment

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 18:23:01

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Quick Queastion about belt / eccentric bearing adjustment
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 04:29:09 

Hello I'm new to this forum and have just picked up a Xray T1 for VTA Racing. I'm loving the car and am having a ball with VTA. One question I have is I want to loosen my belts as they are way to tight and I understand witch way to turn the concentric bearing but I'm lost on if I have to tear the whole car apart to do it or do they push out some how so I can rotate them and insert them back in? Hope this made sense! Thanks for all the info you guys and gals post in these forums to help people new to these cars like myself.
Scott

Post subject: Re: Quick Queastion about belt / eccentric bearing adjustmen
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 02:07:22 

Nope, you need to take the whole car apart :D

If I remember correcty the T1 bulkheads are a different design to the T2s and 3s ie they are one piece, not split horizontally.

So...

1. disconnect the 4 shocks from their lower mounting position
2. disconnect the 4 camber links (the upper links) from one of their two connections - inner or outer. This should allow you to slide the wheels over pulling the drive shafts out of the rear diff and front diff or spool. If the drive shafts do not clear the diff/spool then you will probably need to remove the two rear uprights from their respective A arms and the two front c-hubs from their respective A arms
3. Unscrew the 4 bulkheads from the chassis plate.

Now you should be able to remove the 4 holders and reposition them on different notches (making sure left and right on each axle are in the same notch).

HTH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 02:10:40 

Oops sorry

I don't think you need to disconnect the shocks; you may find it easier or necessary to remove the top deck also.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 02:09:14 

Thank you for the help and reply!
Scott