[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - buying advice please

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:21:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: buying advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 22:30:16 

hi im looking at a t3 2012, a few things im concerned about,
if i buy and it doesnt come with its certificate does this leave me without any support or unable to download any setups, manuals etc?
what do i need to look out for when buying a 2012?
thanks

Post subject: Re: buying advice please
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 17:29:08 

Hi Dubbull

No not having a certificate does not prevent you getting any support etc. I am now onto my 7th XRAY and I have never opened the box to find the certificate was missing.

What to look out for? Well nothing that I can think of, unless there is something specifcally you are worried about. They are very well made and always, in my expereince, go together without any problem. Only once was there a defective part, across my 7 cars, and that part was replaced by my dealer within a couple of days. Also if the car is a new, just released model, and user experience highlights a problem, XRAY are superbly quick in recognsing such a situation and will issue free upgrades where appropriate. This very raerey happens.

HTH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 22:22:14 

Hi thankyou YELLOWSHARK
I am buying used, 1 run indoors only. it is a 2012.
luckily it does have everything such as certificate something i was concerned about if it was missing from a used sale.
is there anything you would suggest looking at when buying a used t3 2012?
sorry i should have specified it was used and also if buying used does xray allow for change of owner if still under warrenty?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 00:04:47 

Hi Dubbell

Firstly I cannot answer absolutely on the warranty. I would have thought though that if you have the certifcate your local XRAY dealer could help you but I am not sure how it works - never needed it!

I assume you can look at the car before purchase. If it has had only one meeting then it should look brand new all over; do the belts look brand new? The gear or ball diff should be silky smooth. The underside of the chassis plate should lack scratches, dings etc- which is not say there could not be a scratch but it should look pretty much as if it has just come put of the box - especially if the run was indoors.Rotate the wheels - everything smooth? If you can run it on the bench with the motor then check the driveshafts. If it has had a smash and there is a bend, you will see it on the bench.

Ask the guy why he is selling it after one run !!

slide your ride height guage under the rear of the chassis and check that the 2 wheels are leaving the surface at the same time, or close to. Ditto the front. If there is a big difference you might wonder why. Has he smacked it and tweaked it, or maybe he is just lousy at setting up a car :D