[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Benifits of option parts?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:19:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Benifits of option parts?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 17:39:21 

Hi all, I have a great question that I'm hoping someone will have advice to give. Way back in 09, I purchased a T3, with the thoughts of racing it competetively (local level) on carpet. Well, events caused me the shelf that idea till a later date. Now that date has arrived, and I am currently building the car. I still plan to race carpet, but without experience, I cannot tell you if the track is considered tight or not. The motor I plan to run is an LRP X12 21.5 on lipo.

I'm sure everyone has visited the options page a time or two, just to see what's availible as an option. Right off the rip, I went for the multidif for the front, but I have yet to install it because I am uncertain if it will truly benifit me. So I guess my question is... typically from all of your experiences, what option parts are best suited to help one learn to drive the car?

I'm an mechanical engineer by trade, and I have already determined how to carefully build this unit, including balance of the car (getting it as close to 50/50, left to right, front to back) without adding significant weight.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, and let me know if I have left out vital info.
Regards, :D

Post subject: Re: Benifits of option parts?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 01:18:34 

If just starting out out, spares will probably be more important than options :wink:

Later on perhaps a gear diff for the rear etc. But they can make the car slightly more difficult to drive.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 18:15:04 

Using a spool or one-way is really depending on the track, motor power and driving style. So it is hard to say.

Option parts dont let you learn to drive the car.
The tires make a big difference. Next your driving skill and than your car.

Download the Setup Book to understand what to change in which direction to encounter problems with the car.
Drive the car and work on the setup (changing one setting by a time).

So maybe a good option part would be a setup system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 01:30:19 

cypher/skiddins,

thanks for the advise! I agree with both of you, as i think I'm getting ahead of myself. I've spent the last week reviewing and researching the setup book while i was away on business. There's a lot of info in there, and for a newb it is a little overwhelming. So I've broken it up into bits and am trying to learn as much as possible about each item and it's effect on the car as a whole.

Thanks again, and I'm sure there will be more questions to follow.