[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Bad day with MT-4

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 21:49:05

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Bad day with MT-4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 21:26:25 

Hello I´m sad......:cry:

shift from M11-Dsss to MT-4 and today it was very sad for me:

at first my spcification
XRAY_T3- with ESC SP GT2.0 and Motor SP 5.5T -Sanwa Servo SDX-801------last week everthing was fine.

Today with MT-4 and Rx-461 mounted on the SDX-801:
after 2minutes the ESC disabled the turbo function and was flashing green (high temp) ---but it wasn´t high (43 deg Celsius)- binding again- setup ESC.
run again -same problem,

next: change the motor to 10.5T after 3 rounds -ESC turbo off-green flashing.
next action: change SP GT2.0 to HW 2.1 (it is pretty much the same ESC)3 rounds -ESC turbo off-green flashing.

change to RX-451 (from my sons also new MX-3X) same issue.

reciever was mounted on the servo, so I decide to put it on the front upper deck side.- I run for 6 minutes without problems.

So I thought, I find the solution, that it is the space between the servo and the rx...
So I change to my RX-461 (MT-4) reciever and put it on the same place.

AFTER one straight the same disfunction as the last 2 hours :confused:.

shift back to RX-451, also on the same place- but now, same issue- no turbo, green flashing etc......

completly devastated I but all my thing in my bags and went home........:cry:

Is there some things what I forgot to setup on the MT-4 , failsafe or what????

PLEASE, can some of you help me
I do this hobby 28 years and also I have done some champion ships here in AUSTRIA (VIENNA) , BUT It was my darkest day ever today....:cry:

best regards

Harald

greetings from Vienna.

Post subject: Re: Bad day with MT-4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:47:27 

Hello Harald,

after reading your post I think that maybe the modulation rate was too fast for the ESC and/or servo in case you suffered servo problems, too. The DSSS has a slower modulation rate compared to the FHSS-4 (compatible with FHSS-3, FHSS-2) rate of the MT-4, especially when the DSSS was set up in 4 channel mode. Probably there was too much of a mix-up in the end when the one receiver that worked before, didn't work afterwards in the same configuartion and place.

Did you always reset the ESC before connecting it to a different receiver?

Regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:54:12 

Hello Green Wing;

thanks for reply

please, don´t get me wrong, I do not have the M11 with the rx with me. (Rx-441DS) I don´t combined that rx´s with the MT-4
If I had these things with me, I change to the old M11 with Rx-441DS and run down Lipo-pack after LIPO-pack....

@ topic:

I set all channels to "NOR" - NOT "SHR" or "SSR"
YES I allways setup the ESC new after I do some changes to the transmitter, also I bind again.- if you mean this as a reset of the ESC.
Some guy´s said, that I have to burn again the software for the ESC..but I didn´t make it.

I have read something about "brown out" or clitches disturbences. --I use allway a old AMBrc transponder.
Does this make problems with the power supply of the reciever and the RX set to Error and so the ESC shut the turbo down?
Could it be a non stable or "clear" power supply issue for the RX and it goes to fail safe........????

regards
Harald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 01:00:05 

Hi Tekinmaster,

I didn't get you wrong. I was meaning that the transmitting rate on the MT-4 could had been set too fast for the ESC maybe (which one?). The transmitting rate is setable on most radios of today. I.e. let's say you could select either 5.5ms or 14ms.
The use of an older AMBrc transponder should not cause any problem regarding the powersupply on all components. The BEC output power of the ESC should be 4.8 to 6V at round about 2-3A and that should be enough.
Even if it's not the case then the failsafe doesn't engage because the transponder, servo and fan(s)(?) are connected beyond the receiver powersupply. Before the power would be too low for the receiver (failsafe jumps in) the servo would almost not work any more. But so or so, it doesn't disable the turbo function. It would stop the car or not, only these two options are available.
Are you sure that the MT-4 is all right basically?

Also disturbences should not be a problem on good 2.4GHz radios.

Servus,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 16:44:11 

Servus Stefan,

My ESC is a Hobby wing 2.1V or Speedpassion GT2.0 with fan as I wrote before.

I disconnencted the Transponder
I tried this with the new Mx-3X Sanwa transmitter and the RX-451. same issue. flashing LED´s the turbo is gone....and Servo allways working

1) Also I disconnected the Servo SDX-801 ---same issue after some full throttel and breaking samples---ESC is flahsing and NO turbo function.

2) drop the RX behind the motor (far away from the ESC) it work´s longer but later same problem...

I think only the ESC is missunderstanding something......
btw.
what do you mean with setting the milli seconds of transmission, can I set this on the MT-4??
Harald

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 13:13:31 

Speed passion and hobby wing esc are shit thats all. beter buy lrp=nosram , gm=cs-ele. , tekin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 13:47:09 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 15:43:37 

Hello @ all

at this weekend I had not so many time to test only 30 minutes.

It seems, that is no Transmitter--Reciever issue, because I switched to the old sanwa DSSS and after 5 rounds I had the same problem.
My suspicion:

Sensor unit motor
or
Sensor cable
or LIPO pack, because I didn´t test with another one, I guess...
OR ALL THING TOGEHTHER !! :evil:

@ marek
Please don´t boring us with your comments.
My opinion: All ESC are good what you mentioned and SP and HW and ORION etc, because I have and had it in all different types of cars what I drove in the past and will drive in future.

If you are long enough in "this game" you will see, that some things are popular at one time and after some time a new thing will be on market "as the best ever". It´s a mater of feeling, trend and dealer-availability in your country....
Or you are a teamdriver and you have to drive what your dealer give to you....and you will be also quick enough

regards
Harald

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 18:43:28 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 19:09:35 

@ sidecarphil:

You're right on the GM Genius. But you can use one of the 10 basic setups (enough and "always" a fitting one). If you have tons of time you can make really awesome setups for economy (40min runtime on a 10.5T at 5400 2S CS-LiPo batterie) or 115km/h on straights with a 4.5T motor.

Depending on where you run and what kind of class you run you have to use certain ESCs sometimes even the brand is given. I.e. the LRP challenges over here force you to use their products.

@ Tekinmaster:

I think so, too. But I would outrule the batterie. Motor, ESC or wiring. Transmission rate is ok, too. Today a friend told me that he has no problems with the GT 2.0 and the MT-4 with included receiver (didn't know that he has the MT-4 since 2 days).

Regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 20:40:44 

Ha ha we are all accusing each other! Let me pitch in. The Tekin only cooks motors Sidecarphil if you abuse the settings. As Tekinmaster says all ESCs are good , it is how you use them. I have run Tekin with X12 for about 18months now with good success. That is one X12 motor! And the Tekin for longer with Tekin motor and I didnt blow that.

I did blow an X11 or whatever the one before the X12 was but I was playing around on a new track. Hell it was FAST for the 12 laps it lasted :D :D

To accuse any modern ESC of being useless only serves to demonstrate a driver's inability to read the instructions or know what they are doing :wink:

Hey Tekinmaster, how come you are not using the daddy of them all - the Tekin :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 20:43:33 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 22:29:21 

TEST completed:

It was the SENSOR cable (from SP 1.5 years old) - with your eyes you can´t see anything but NOW it is in the TRASH!!!
SANWA M11 DSSS -OK!
MT-4 with RX-461 -OK!
MT-4 with RX 451 - OK!
MX-3X with RX-451 - OK!!!

AND THE WORLD IS GOOD TO ME

lg
Harald

@ yellowshark

Tekin is too expensive for me here in AUSTRIA and oversee and the need of a netbook or laptop for programming is not my favorite handling (also GM of course).- but I guess they were the first with a amazing setting for the ESC (vegas 208) now HW and SP close the gap!!!!! very eeeeeasy !!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 00:30:29 

Don't worry Tekinmaster, they are expensive here too :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 16:37:56 

Isn't there a TEKIN Europe launched already since last year? If I'm right then they are not more expensive than LRP, ORION and GM (GM got expensive meanwhile ...damn :lol:) I got the Genius 90 G2 short after its release for 135€ ... now 185€ :shock:.

Anyway, nice that you have sorted out all the trouble, Harald.

Servus,
Stefan