[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - My t3'11 - is turning into a Tamiya/Cyclone

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 21:54:38

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: My t3'11 - is turning into a Tamiya/Cyclone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 02:32:40 

I find it quite amusing that the T3'11 just keeps moving more and more towards the Tamiya/Cyclone.

Disagree?

1. new front and rear bulkheads for conventional top links - doing away with the quick adjust.
2. first the two point steering
3. turning the servo 90 degree
4. mounting A-Arms to the chassis and not the bulhead (how long before the lower arm holder system changes to the same as the cyclone and tamiya)

This is quite funny - just shows how the cars are becoming the same. Not only that, but Tamiya are ahead of the game.

Don't get me wrong - I bought a T3'11 - best kit I've had so far, and it's nice to get a kit that is made in europe. I also like the Xray build quality.

Post subject: Re: My t3'11 - is turning into a Tamiya/Cyclone
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 22:12:54 

i think there is no other option to build the cars like that - and so they start to look like the same...-balance is the key...
but your right- sometimes it looks like you just have to choose YOUR colour...

but it's built in Slovakia , in the EU , by engineers and not by some low-age children workers ... However , your first criteria should be parts availability...if you are not one the guys...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 14:32:54 

I only posted this as a joke - it wasn't having a go at XRAY - otherwise I wouldn't have a T3'11.

I agree that the T3'11 is by far the most robust of the race kits out there. It's got a rugged quality that the other cars don't seem to have, and this benefits the rank and file racer like me.

It's a bit of a shame that the XRAY team in both NAtional and International competitions never seem to get luck falling their way - there arain, RONALD VOLKER, MARC RHEINHARD, and ATSUSHI HARA i think will win with a well set-up kit from any of the leading manufacturers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 16:20:46 

Hello,

it's not about copying from each other between the premium brands. Best indicator for this purpose is the testing of over 30 chassis and topdecks for the T3'11 that could be read and seen on one of Xray's column installments. If you have a closer look then "all" cars of any category look the same expect of 1/8th off road vehicles. And to say that Tamiya is leading in electric touring is brave. It's the driver that make the difference at most. Is Yokomo THE car because there's always ONE Yokomo winning? ... For sure the TRF is a great car but has some high wearing out on the balldiffs and when you crash indoors by too much speed/understeering means one crash = one front C-hub (I have seen this a lot). And also the T3 could be a car for victory as you can see in the USA over and over again. Or here in Europe in stock classes. And the Xray modified drivers do a great job, too, in my point of view!

And the last thing is: Don't put Japan and the rest of Asia in one and the same cup when it comes to engineering, product quality and PRODUCTION COSTS! Kyosho isn't (just) that expensive because of their 8 IFMAR signs on their Inferno boxes. :wink:

Regards,
Stefan