[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T2 007 FDR help

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 23:15:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T2 007 FDR help
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 08:39:56 

Hi im new to on-road and i somewhat understand how to setup gearing or so i thought. The track we race on is small with the only straight being only about 40' long with mostly tight turns as the rest of the track. I decided to run a novak ballistic 17.5 and cant figure out what my FDR should be. Any suggestions appreciated

Post subject: Re: T2 007 FDR help
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:11:46 

This is all influenced by the motor itself (I am not familiar with the the Ballistics), ambient temps and the timing you have dialled in through the motor and through your ESC, and indeed your personal driving style.

I would suggest you start at 4.3 to 4.5 and work from there. Check your motor temp every 1.5 to 2 mins. Our home track is tight too and the 17.5s. get geared up to 3.5/3.6.

The above assumes you do not have an NG (new generation) ESC where you add timing (boost and turbo) via software.

HTH

Post subject: Re: T2 007 FDR help
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:51:06 

Thanks for the fast response. My ESC is the novak GTB2 i'm running it on the stock settings cause im new to this whole electric thing and dont wanna mess anything up. The ballistic has a timing adjustment on the motor but that to is untouched. I'll give that a try and see how it runs. Thanks again