[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Spacing shocks away from tower on T3 2011

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 00:24:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Spacing shocks away from tower on T3 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50:54 

Hi,
In the T3 2011 Manual it shows fitting a plastic nut between the shock tower and the top of the shock balljoint and a plastic spacer between the lower arm and the bottom shock balljoint. It says this increases stability and also that the car will have less steering into corners.

It says this for both front and rear, surely it can't have the same effect at both ends?

also, how does this adjustment make the car handle differently, I can't understand how it would make any difference?

Post subject: Re: Spacing shocks away from tower on T3 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 13:31:32 
team driver

why you cannot have same effect?

Many set up changes in the rear of the car have influence on front and vice versa.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:25:17 

It says that adding the spacers at the front will increase understeer and adding them at the back will increase understeer, is that right?

Please can you explain HOW this adjustment makes the car handle differently, I can't see what effect spacing the shocks out will have as it doesn't effect the hardness of the shock.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 14:34:29 
team driver

To be honest I really do not know what is the reason for that and I do not want to write what I am not 100% sure. However when I was testing it, I get this handling change. So. with both front and rear shocks, you get better stability but less steering. I would recommend it for carpet tracks with high traction.