[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3R vs. T3 (2010 edition)

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 00:22:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3R vs. T3 (2010 edition)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 07:33:15 

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first XRAY which I will be using for drifting. It's my first high end on-road car since I raced in the '90s so I'm learning how much has changed! Basically, a new T3R is within my budget. A T3 2011 would be ideal, but is too pricey for me. However, I can get a used older T3 (from 2010) in my price range. Which would be the better choice? I have to admit I'm unclear how different the older T3 model is compared to either the newer T3 or the T3R.

Any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tommy

Post subject: Re: T3R vs. T3 (2010 edition)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 09:43:08 

buy T3(this in your budget)
its much better then T3R
T3 will stay in one pice much longer then T3R
BTW,
T3R has got worse materials and MUCH worse solves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 09:49:39 

the T3 is over kill for drifting

the T3 is designed for racing not drifting , the T3r will be stronger as there is less carbon parts and it is less technical for a beginner , and drifting is not about all the bells and whistles like droop and shock oil wieghts and so on.

T3r and enjoy your new car , not a 2nd hand maybe abused T3 :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00:37 

but remember this
After some time drifting can get boring for him
and what would he do with T3R?
In T3 u can change some settings and u've got drift car:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 22:43:24 

Thank you both for replying. I made a deal for a nice, used 2010 T3 last night. It's in very nice shape and includes many spares. I realize it may be a bit overkill for drifting, but I very much enjoy tuning on all levels and I think the T3 gives me what I want, plus some nicer parts to start with. I'm very much looking forward to getting it and can't wait to run it! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 17:26:26 

I hope u'll like it:)
and remember this:
Drifting with some time will get boring and u will want to race!!!

I had this so I know what i say:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 17:53:28 

LOL! Thanks, Stanley. :) I think I'm done with racing, though. I am now enjoying the low stress of not competing anymore. Maybe that will change in time, though. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 21:30:27 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 22:25:57 

Oh, sorry! :)

though = however

I may change my mind about racing in the future. Is that clear? :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 22:43:21 

yeah
its clear!:P
thx for explanation:P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 22:47:21 

No problem! Thank you for understanding English. I don't know Polish! :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 18:11:23 

Polish is dificult:P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 00:16:35 

Just to clarify some things on performance ...

I own a T3R and I'm faster than almost everyone at our club driving an higher priced car and this without anti roll bars still (I know that top drivers are faster with the full race kit than with a "R" kit for sure). The T3R could be upgraded to a full adjustable racer. Put on the anti roll bar sets for the front and the back (+50€), the six turnbuckles (+30€) and you have a racecar for way beyond than just average racers. It costs you 300€ in total and you will have a car that will survive any FRT, Bot Hodies or EA when it comes to crash durability. A great car. Electric touring is just a fun for me. And track impressions by some others went from: "HAHA ... a "R" kit!" to "What an awesome car!" when time goes by with some serious driving and after some rough crashes on track. Some parts are made more cost friendly but nevertheless the fitting and the quality are the same high as on the full race kit. After this two of us have given their cars away and got a Xray. Both are faster than before right from the start.