[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3'11 are we still drill 1mm hole on plastic shock caps?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 04:23:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3'11 are we still drill 1mm hole on plastic shock caps?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 18:43:14 

just building my new T3 with the new bladders and lower foams is it still advisable to drill the top caps 1mm?
to assist in getting zero rebounds :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: T3'11 are we still drill 1mm hole on plastic shock caps?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 20:56:25 

T3-2011 should come with shock caps already drilled :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 21:17:21 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 20:36:54 

Yes mine are drilled right through, saved me the trouble. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14:57 

mine wernt!
as jonny said onlty the alloy was drilled through which is the norm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 22:38:08 

I looked at my Rc Disco team mates and the plastic tops are only centered with a drill hole not going right through, mine go all the way through the plastic tops. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 15:01:50 

If it didn't go right through it wouldnt do anything would it :?:

I'm drilling them now and i get just 1mm rebound with no air in the shock very happy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 08:23:44 
team driver

I have been drilling mine and with new bladders shocks are very easy to build without rebound. With new bladders I dont use foam on top.
I drill the hole from middle of the plastic cap all the way to the steel ball and then from the side other hole that will connect this two holes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 22:11:28 

so do you guys not use rebound now?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:23:53 

Hi,

I'm new in this forum,

I have a T3 2011 and even I find it difficult to get zero rebound, I read you drill an 1mm hole on cap, can you illustrate it with a picture please because I don't hnow where on the cap to drill?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 15:43:56 

Uploaded with

drill from the front diagonally down to the centre inside the cap can you make out the hole on these shocks in this pic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 08:11:16 

Found this drawing in the Build Manual for a different XRAY model.
I can not find this picture in the T3'11 manual - and I would say it really should have been there.

My only comment is that Item 6. should have said "compress the piston SLOWLY and gently".

Attachments:
Shock Setup.jpg
Shock Setup.jpg [ 66.38 KiB | Viewed 4472 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02:52 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 23:12:40 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 13:48:59 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 01:17:11 

New composite shock bodys with the pre drilled cap XR308332 - COMPOSITE SHOCK PARTS - REBOUND HOLE - SHORT.
Will the cap from this pack fit the Alu shocks ? or do I still need to drill mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 03:18:27 

[quote="Teemu Leino"]I have been drilling mine and with new bladders shocks are very easy to build without rebound. With new bladders I dont use foam on top.

Thanks for the tip. I had a hell of a time trying to get less than 50% with the method in the manual. I literally spent over an hour trying to get it right with no success. I'm off to buy a 1mm drill bit.

Do you prefer bleeding from the top or the bottom?

What percentage of Team Drivers drill their shocks? Is there a place I can see this in the setup sheet?

Thank you,
David F.