[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Can A New Touring Car Be That Far Off? T4??

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 08:33:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Can A New Touring Car Be That Far Off? T4??
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 02:20:39 

Not that I do not love my T3 but has anyone else noticed the TC Market picking up steam, there are some truly innovative kits coming down the pipeline. Cars that are for Lipo's Only.

Can XRAY be working on something new........I hope so 8)

Post subject: Re: Can A New Touring Car Be That Far Off? T4??
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:12:07 

I can make you sure that the R&D team has been working all the time on further improvements of all XRAY cars but the T3 platform will remain the electric touring car platform for the upcoming years. Just check the history on the T1 and T2 platforms :D

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 16:12:26 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 01:22:13 

I saw a new prototype tonight :D looks like Xray like the Tamiya 416 servo mounting position.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 09:06:54 

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 13:24:37 

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 23:38:35 

There are some theories being tested that the for and back throw of the servo in the normal configuration is less stable over a left to right throw of the servo. I have seen a few try this as well, but most have gone back to the original setup. I think you'll see that some of the TC5 guys are trying this as well. Only more testing will determine if there are any benefits to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 16:22:01 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:38:34 

I don't want to get anyone in any bother so no names, it's not Tamiya parts fitted to the Xray T3 as far as i can tell (they're not blue) i was told it was prototype parts, also it was direct link (no servo saver) Also i think the rear bulkheads were different. Maybe just upgrades for the T3 but only Xray know the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:52:57 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 15:12:46 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 20:57:42 

I was thinking more of a dedicated LiPo Chassis, here in the USA we have to add a huge amount of weight to make ROAR spec. Secondly the top plate does not have much Lipo clearance for some packs while a narrower thicker version might give more clearance and still allow flex adjustments.

It seems others are moving this route.....meanwhile I am stocking up on Weights to make the cut...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 00:58:33 

Turns out it was Tamiya parts re-anodised orange on closer inspection. :o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 09:09:15 
team driver

Bilko,

seems that your inspection was very bad because we made it differently than every one else have. Anyway, we are still testing it so it is not sure if we are going this way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 00:55:01 

*Lipo chassis
*steering system
*Suspension mount
Those are the points I believe they are working on but I also want to ask Mr Hudy why do you always keep the new ideas as a secret ,why don't you share them and your findings after the test?
Also I am tired of that orange and know many other people don't want that orange pls pls pls give us an option to choose like silver (like 008),black or orange...
On my t3 black wheel hex and turnbuckles looks like 10 years old on the other hand the silver ones on my 008 still looks like brand new :D
Many thanx for your Hardwork and best quality products...
But again older models of the xray cars looks and feels like better quality than the latest models (maybe alloy bits used instead of special hudy steel or new black coating on the diff etc makes the car looks like that) I do believe you will improve those points
Best regards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 02:48:20 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 07:08:17 

how far is it ,does any1 no?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30:11 

New ideas need to be secret if you don't want your competitors to steal your idea before you put it in manufacturing.
I like orange parts blended within black graphite :roll: But I would love to get gear diff from Xray for T3, Svanur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:02:48 

I've just got a gear diff :D not Xray though. I hope they do make one though to the usual high quality. I know a couple of team drivers are using the Spec-r ones. Good enough for Rheinard good enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 17:14:10 

I already have 2 Spec-R gear-diffs on the way to Iceland, thanks :wink: Svanur