[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - ANTI ROLL BAR ON T2'008 QUESTION

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:22:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ANTI ROLL BAR ON T2'008 QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 01:24:46 

I just sold my Schumacher MI4LP - absolute nightmare - doing worse than ever before.

I bought my mates T2'008 (fairly cheap), but he was using it indoors, and in his infinite wisdom he managed to lose his anti roll bars. The reason I got the 008 was because I wanted an in-between car until I get the next XRAY brand new.

Now, out of interest, do anti roll bars make a major difference on the 008 or not on the kit settings? also can the lack of roll bars be compensated with a slight increase in spring rates.

I am trying not to shell out too much coz I'd rather spend it when I get the brand new kit - though if it has to be done, I'll do it!

Post subject: Re: ANTI ROLL BAR ON T2'008 QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 16:32:24 

Roll bars generally split the spring rate or are a fine tune option. They will sometimes help to settle one end of the car or help the opposite end of the car. It should be noted that since as far back as the 007 (maybe even further) the bars have stayed the same to the present car, so unless something really drastic changes with the next car, it will probably use the same bars again. The only change from the 007 bars to present is now they are lazer etched to identify them easier, but remain the same shape.

Post subject: Re: ANTI ROLL BAR ON T2'008 QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 17:19:25 

The steering response will be slower and the car will feel slightly lazy. This will be especially apparent on higher grip tracks. I would use a 1.4 mm roll bar up front, and a 1.2 mm roll bar rear to start with. They are a good tuning aid because they only effect the cars cornering abilities, unlike when you change the springs of a car, which will effect the dive and pro squat.