[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - plastic or ALu shocks

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:22:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: plastic or ALu shocks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 02:30:48 

Which is the best shock to use on the T3 Alu or plastic as at the weekend i was hit hard in the back and the plastic one broke in half . I prefer the Alu one but everyone say they are to bleed.

Post subject: Re: plastic or ALu shocks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 19:40:57 

Here is my .02. I have crashed Hard and most recently pulled the shock cap right off the shock body. Fortunately I was able to thread it back on and rebleed all the shocks. I must admit though I was skeptical the plastic shocks ahave proven to be tough consistent and now that I know how to bleed the adjustable style pistons I am happy. I still have trouble with rebound but now I simply set close to 100, drive the car and they settle in at about 50-75 after some run time. I do not agree with the bleed off to set rebound as you can spend hours chasing this process on the plastic shocks. I do however love the adjustability and rtoughness of these little plastic shocks. I have not even begun to play with clicks yet I just run at one click out from full soft, each click is noticable so I cannot imagine going back after tuning with this option.

Another consideration is heat. The aluminum shocks I am sure are ultimately more durable but heat soak easier and this can change damping on hot days more so than the plastic. Just my thoughts

best

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 15:38:48 

+1 (sort of :D ) I ran the plastic shocks for a couple of years built with the adjustable pistons - loved them. I had one breakage in that time. I did though have no problems bleeding or getting to the rebound I wanted. I have been using the alu shocks for the past year + because they give a better drive IMHO but I miss the adjustability. The problems, and solution, that F1Fletch describes are exactly how I find the alu shocks!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 18:36:33 
team driver

Aluminum shocks have more traction.