[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T2'009

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:19:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 21:50:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 04:17:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 09:34:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 15:05:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 14:36:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 15:26:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 16:33:23 

The T2'009 starts shipping now so the kits should be available shortly in the shops. Make sure to pre-order yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 21:45:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 00:27:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 15:57:25 

Post subject: Woehoew!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 16:48:07 

Mine is on its way!!!

Tomorrow (monday, november 16th) it will arrive!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait!

Personally, I don't care at all about the orange color. However, if it would have been pink, I would have found it quite girlish. :oops:

But for me, driving the car is most important.

I was super happy about my M18PRO and my T2 '008.

I sold both. The M18PRO was sold about a year ago but I regret that I sold it and will buy a new one soon.

The T2 '008, I have sold this week to make room for tye '009. :wink:

I only have one problem with the T2, myself.
That is the belts that cannot hold a brushless engine without being worn after an evening or two of driving. And believe me, changing belts continuously isn't quite cheap... :roll:

I already bought a belttentioner, but it doesn't seem to help.
Perhaps i'm doing something wrong?
Anyway, I hope the bigger pulleys of 20T that will be also standard for the EU-version, will solve the problem, but I just have to wait and see.

Part from that, I see lots of people posting here that there is little difference between the '008 and '009. I am convinced that there actually are quite some improvements as shown on the Xray website and I honestly must say that at my amature level of driving, I probably won't notice anything of these improvements.

For the high level competitiondrivers I'm sure it might make some difference.

Part from that, how could anyone improve something that is already said to be the best... :P

But for me the new T2 is something I just MUST have. :lol:

Another thing: my Intellect and my Team Orion lipo's have always fitted perfect in my T2 '008. I expect the same for the '009.

And I never had any interest in a pan car, but since Xray is making one... I might soon have one! :wink: YUMMY :P :lol:

For me it's all quite simple: I just love Xray cars, since the minute my friend convinced me to buy one!

Post subject: Re: Woehoew!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 18:41:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32:48 

Looking at replacing my tired t2'007 for the 009 model, my question is have all the problems with the 008 been ironed out now 'basically all the must read section'. Im really looking forward to the t2'009 and really dont want the experience blown out......thanks ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 19:57:36 

The 008 issues all seemed to be resolved. I have both a 007 and 008 and with the LIPO's on I find it cures most the problems I had when it initially came out.

Does anyone know if the Orange Bulkheads are limited edition ?. What I don't want to do is buy one and then find out when you break an alloy part you can't get it in orange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 22:32:09 

Post subject: Yyyyyeeeeesssss!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 01:46:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 04:55:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 06:50:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 13:31:12 

Got mine 009 last Wed. It went together fine as my Xray cars before (T2'006-007-008).
I was driving with 4.0T 5cells on carpet on Sunday.

Something noticed:

*The box stock car seems to have the laysaft in the low position (the first upgrade to 008 with 2.375 ratio to help with the belt hitting pinion/pinion gear) --> can't use bigger spur than 87/88T 48DP

*Also the hole for the spur is smaller than 008 so using 88-90T spur there would be problems because spur is hitting the chassis. A cheap fix is to use dremel or something similar to modify the hole slightly.
*It seems to me that screw holes in the shock towers are smaller than before. So no more possible to tweak the car because of shock tower moving! Great detail!

*This 6cell chassis is not so good for 5cell as the old 007/008 6cell chassis was. The reason is that the battery position is changed towards the front more. I'm confused wich position to use with 5 cells and how to balance the car. Didn't have enough time to test this yet. Batteries separated with 3+2 style has also crossed my mind).
Maybe the team have a solution or maybe they are going to drive the old 5 cell chassis from 008 or a team only 5 cell 009 chassis?

*I was a bit disappointed with the orange/gold color when I saw the release pictures. I was hoping for a black car. But now seen the car and getting used to it the color seems fine and ok.

*The weight of the car vs 008 seems to be lower quite a lot..? I haven't been able to get my car to the scale yet to verify this.

*Drive shafts are nice, specially on the back. Also the ECS drive shafts are a piece of art and didn't cost so much as I expected.

It seems also that the chassis is ready for moving the laysaft / motor 5mm towards the front. When these parts (new belts, top deck) will be available? And in which cases this is better?

Next time I'm hitting the track on Fri at indoor Nordics here in Finland. I would like to get answer at least regarding the 5cell positioning on the chassis from team.

Last edited by Peakki on Fri Nov 21, 2008 07:21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 04:19:11 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next