[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Q&A with Paul Lemieux

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 09:53:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Q&A with Paul Lemieux
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43:57 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 18:19:11 
team driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 14:20:20 

Hi Paul,

Any suggestions to assist with getting better initial into corner steering, and also getting the rear to loosen up and rotate better on asphalt with rubber tire - T3 2011. The car feels too gripped up in the rear, body is a speed 6 and the wing is forward

So far I have everything kit and in addition to kit settings I have tried:

H Roll centers in the front
Short wheel base in the rear
Narrow hexes front and rear
2.8 springs in the rear instead of 2.6

Any suggestions appreciated, the car is great but I think there is more to gain if able to get it to hook in better

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 18:53:38 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 16:10:05 

Hi Paul,

I have given my T3 2011 its first run but it has very much oversteer could you give me some advice to get rid of it?
I don't have very much experience in finding a setting up yet.
Before I drove a T1 FK'05 wich drove a little nervous but I was handling it quite well in the end.

My final set-up of the last training with the new car is found here: xform/index.php?act=view&ID=94&setup=t3_2011

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 21:13:21 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:40:41 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 21:42:45 

Hey paul:). I just bought me an T3 11 spec and im planing to run the SS class here in Norway. Carpet,foam,10.5t,lipo. Please put me in the right direction. Ive got all the Diffs,arm and alot of different parts so i only need a setup. I have never run with rubbers so thats why i run the SS class. Brg Ole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 19:31:16 

hi Paul, I'm having a problem with the t3 2011 car, the car is over steering off power into hair pin corners and slightly under steers to much on power mid corner and exit.
any input would be highly appreciated.
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=124&setup=t3_2011
I when to this set up and after noticing the front belt was lose and slightly locking the rear tyres after a few runs the car was a lot easier to drive.
xform/index.php?act=view&ID=128&setup=t3_2011
for next race bigger track with a few changes to the car was it's easist to drive to date but the front of the car would slightly understeer mid corner then grip and follow the arc again.
here is the set up i finish with.xform/index.php?act=view&ID=145&setup=t3_2011.
many thanks paul.

Last edited by m prigmore on Thu Jan 06, 2011 23:45:20, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 21:24:17 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 21:27:38 
team driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 23:46:37 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 23:52:52 

hi Paul, reopen the links so they should work now.
many thank for your time.
matt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:25:57 

hi Paul..
1st Q: T3'11 front ecs driveshaft 50mm or 52mm?
2nd Q: can i use front geardiff? (need more steering)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 19:58:09 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:00:54 
team driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 22:24:23 

how does drive shaft length effect handling?, as in why do shorter shafts make it more responsive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02:33 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 01:48:29 
team driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 09:31:40 

HI, Paul

I will be attending Snowbirds this year and will be running a 009 17.5 class i was just wondering if you have any advice on where i could find a good rubber tire set up.I feel my car has a good set up now ive been racing it it since i bought it when it first came out but for some reason since everyone has been running these photons i seem to be lacking in courner speed so if there is any tips you could give me to increase corner speed alittle bit i run 3 deg rear toe 1 and a half degree in front and 2 in the back for camber with 6 degree blocks esc front shafts with spool and 45 front oil 35 rear with high diffs shocks stood up all the way in the front and third hole from center in the rear with no foams in the cap i also run the shocks dead with a pinch of rebound high roll centers in the front and middle in the rear with a 1.9 INTERNAL ,now i am running the mutidiff in the front (spooled) not sure if thats hurting me 3.0 springs up front and 2.6 in the rear run both front and rear sway bars not sure exact size i think the front one is stock and the rear one is alittle thinner than stock from what i can remeber 104 spur with 38 tooth pullys camber links connected to shock tower im running top outside in front and gold spot in the top inside in rear i do have the aluminum rear hubs 1 degree wich have 4 places to connect the tie rod to i dont have them in the shortest one but the next one out so there is room to make them one space shorter with 2 mill shimms under the tie rods front and rear and three hole pistons all the way around as well , any thing to help me gain just a pinch of corner speed is all im looking for the car drives very nice and i was checking out youre vegas set up but you were running a 4.5 so i doubt i should go with that oh yeah and i have one mil shims behind my front tires . Thanks for reading this huge post looking forward to hearing some responses.forgot to mention both front and rear arms are pushed all the way back.

Thanks
Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next