[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T4'14 On Low Grip Carpet

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 18:16:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: T4'14 On Low Grip Carpet
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 19:45:00 

[/quote]

For Newbury, kit carpet with a safe body seems to be a good start.[/quote]
how different is your wlrc set up compared to newbury?is there much difference?i was going to just run my amcc set up ,kinda su ck it and see.i only have a mazda 6 so ill be running that
and ive ordered some spider grip green and 28jb's based on what ive read,and after speaking with glenn w

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 01:09:18 

Think I just ran a bit less droop and softer springs indoors, less ackerman etc.
Nothing spectacular.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 22:27:59 

I'm trying a few things a bit different after watching the cwic vids back. Nick waywells car looked good and so did ken's. Going to try harder shock oil and a stiffer rear roll bar with 2k diff oil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 00:00:15 

This worked for a well planted rear
It was.
2k diff, 400 front shox 450 rear, 4 hole piston, 2.5-2.8 springs front, 2.7 rear. Anti roll bars 4 front, 3 rear. 2mm shim under steering block arm. 1mm shim top of c hub. 1mm shim front roll centre, 4mm shim rear hub, nothing on rear roll center. 0.5 toe out front. 3 rear. Front roll center upper clamp hole 2 rear hole 1. Front and rear shock mount hole 2. 1.5 camber front 2 rear. I think that is it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 20:56:20 

I went to the track today to some testing. I got my car a lot better from the standard setup. We race on low-medium grip carpet with Ride rex 34 tires (outdoor tire, but it's the control tire for our nationals).

This I what I ended up with (it was okay, but I think could still be better :))

Middle front link, 2mm bulkhead, 1,5mm C hub.
Short rear link, 1mm bulkhead, 4mm hub.
0mm ackerman, 1mm bump steer
0,5° outboard toe (0.5 FF, 0 RF)
2K rear diff
300 cts front and rear. Stock pistons (4x 1.1)
2.5-2.8 progressive springs front and rear
Droop: 5.6mm front / 4.6mm rear
Mazda 6 speed

10 min AME front
20 min AME rear

When I tried the progressive springs, I did use them in the front and stock in the rear. I didn't feel much improvement, I actually thought it was worse? Then I also tried them in the rear and the car was so stable entering a corner. I should have tried the stock front springs and progressive rears, but I hadn't enough time.

I also tried the 1.3mm swaybar in the rear as Alexander suggest and that felt really stable on corner entry together with the progressive springs. I could only test that combo for 2 minutes since the track was closing.
Corner entry was stable, but the car a lot of mid steering. A little too much actually.

How can I get a more stable car in the middle of a turn? I need to get early on power to make the car push a little so it doesn't breakout. It's hard to roll the car through the turn.
And can anyone tell me when it's good to the progressive springs? We have a big race over 3 weeks on CPX tires on medium-high grip carpet.

I'm an offroad drivers that likes to drive onroad during the winter, but everything is much more precise in onroad and a little different so any help is welcome :p