[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - EC 2005

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 18:16:50

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: EC 2005
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 14:24:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 16:34:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 16:53:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 19:16:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 02:03:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 09:11:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 13:29:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 18:27:59 

Is there a way to be sure about this?
According to what is says on the site (link provided on first post) where this portion is taken
"Only preglued and marked control tires purchased at the race are allowed. Tires are only available as a full packet, meaning 6x1 tires mounted on wheels for qualifying, 6x1 tires mounted on wheels for finals racing and 4x1 tires mounted on wheels for wet conditions. Due to experiences from prior European Championships rain tires must be purchased. Price DKK 900.00 - EUR 125.00"

Since, English isn't my native language q) it either means that
1. 12 slick pairs + 2 pairs wet for 125euro (we will also need to bring our own inserts & rims/wheels)
2. 12 slick pairs for 125euro and bring our own 2 complete wet tyres

How can we be sure which is the case?

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 18:33:12 

As far as I know all the tires for EC are mounted so everybody has the same insert and wheels for sure. So you dont have to bring own wheels or inserts. Everybody has to buy the tire package form the organizer at the race. Like last year. No it icludes also spec wet tire which is a very good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 19:20:15 

Last year organizer didn't have wet tyres. We were allowed to use any wet tyre we wanted (I used the Pit Shimizu Z thread and my friend used the Dunlop thread). If this year the organizer will give us the tires, is he going to give us the wheels? Can we use any insert we want? I can't figure out from the paragraph mentioned!

I guess we will have to wait until the Nordics is over (euro warm up) for this rule to clear. If you scandinavian can find out earlier it would be great! :)

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 21:46:58 

Like I said above, You dont need to buy separated wheels, you just buy the tire package from organizer like last year. I remember last year Euros too well to mention more.... :?

I have read? somewhere that the wheel will be the same as last year and the insert is B Sorex(not the same as last year)....should be on the race's website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 21:53:15 

http://www.grc-racing.dk/ec05_rul.php

Control Tire (dry) Sorex 36R with B-medium insert, pre mounted on Schumacher 24 mm. Revlite wheels
3 full sets (12 pieces mounted on wheels)

Control Tire (wet) Pit-Shimizu D20 DUNLOP D01J Radial tire
1 full set (4 pieces mounted on wheels)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 22:46:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 22:51:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 23:21:54 

Hello Vesa,

At last year's Euro the organizer gave us pre-glued slick tyres only!! For the wet tyres we were lucky that we brought our own! I'm 100% sure because becuase the organizes let us use whichever tyre we wanted. I chose this one while my friend chose . The same deal was with others as I have seen people running one of the 2 types.

For this year, the organizers mention that for wet only the will be allowed. The question is will they provide them (for everyone not for team drivers) or do we have to bring them with us? As you already mentioned the tyre/insert/wheel is already decided. What is that combination for the wet? Is there a combination in the frist place?

When you come back from the track share your experience with us! :)

Good luck at the Nordics!

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 23:41:00 

nnick:

Clip form the website:

Control Tire Only preglued and marked control tires purchased at the race are allowed.
Tires are only available as a full packet, meaning 6x1 tires mounted on wheels for
qualifying, 6x1 tires mounted on wheels for finals racing and 4x1 tires mounted on
wheels for wet conditions. Due to experiences from prior European Championships rain
tires must be purchased. Price DKK 900.00 - EUR 125.00

As much as I understand from that is that all the tires are mounted and you have to buy all the tires as a package. No need to bring any race tires,wheels or inserts as they are not allowed at the race.

So you dont have to worry about the wet tire as you will get them in the same package as all other tires for the race. Everybody will. I dont know what insert or wheel they have but I assume that they are on standard insert if they are those narrow ones.

In general: the narrow Pit's wet tires are better in very wet conditions. The Dunlop type or the wider (newer) one is better intermediate tire. Meaning its better when theres some dry places and not so much water on the track. This is what I have found here in FInland in several rainy races.:)

Thanks. ;) I think most of the guys will go to test to the Euros track before Nordics or after it. You will be kept updated about the setup when some testing has been done at the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 15:08:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 16:45:18 

Hi Soren,

Can you post your set-up for the Euro track so we have something tot start with 8)

regards,

Frans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 16:53:14 

Thank you Sorren for clarifying that!

So the price of Price DKK 900.00 - EUR 125.00 if for all 13 sets.

Oh and by the way I totally aggree with Frans ;) (edit: Setup found! :))

Nick

Last edited by nnick on Mon May 09, 2005 17:07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 16:56:44 

One more thing!

Any ideas on what bodies will be allowed??

I noticed on Soren setup he used Mazda 6 but that doesn't exist at the lastet list!

Nick