[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Power

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 00:17:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Power
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 13:42:49 

Does it:

is better then LRP X12 13.5T?

Post subject: Re: Power
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:25:33 

my experience in 13.5 boosted class, is that the X12 very easy becomes 100 degress celcius. the SP runs around 70 degress celcius.

but it feels like the X12 is better in a blinky class.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:34:43 

sp has lower power than lrp's , for Prostock + Timming (or spec) lrp is better . more speed better acceleration.
Last time i comparet SP to the hard magneted GM Sport 13,5 (black & white one) GM had much more power and better top speed.
For me SP motor is good but for beginner or for spare motor for competition if your normal motor will die :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 23:38:39 

Hi,

I think that GM BL Pro and Orion have the most powerful motors. The GMs also run very "cool". Most of the time I even don't reach 60°C with 30° timing on the 6.5T S. On the GM Genius speedos you can program every single parameter via PC so it works with every motor very well. With speedos that are not programable or just can upgrade firmware we (at our club) think that it's important to run motor and speedo of the same brand. We tried SP, LRP and GM speedos on LRP, GM, SP and Orion motors and vise versa but nothing worked as well as the one-brand-combo except the GM speedo which could be programed manually as said.

But all brands are good enough to win as you can see in world level competition. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 00:38:25 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 01:17:14 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 08:51:57 

Skiddins,
thats a good point

Im going to buy LRP and before holidays I'll buy SP and we will see is there any BIG diference

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13:38 

ok ok ...

I find the SP 13.5 and 10.5 and i am AS quick as the LRP motors , i bouht an X12 , it cooked its self in 2 mins on my Tekin speedo , the SP doesnt , YES I changed the set up in the speedo and yes i stopped every min but it got so hot so quickly it was unreal

The problem with the LRP motor also is that it drops off quite a lot as he run goes on , we run 6 min finals and all though i am not the quickest i am consistant and I catch the leaders back up in the last 2 mins and still have the power to pass them

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:38:35 

do you use heatsink?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 15:40:48 

yes and a cooling fan and before i ran we used the Much more active cooler thing other wise we were pushing the motors too far

now no problems we have a propper stock class back with 0 timing and SP 14.5 motors :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 22:44:53 

My son and I raced LRP/Nosram 13.5 X-12's with a LRP SXX and Texin speedo's, but we have not had good experiences - they are fast and powerful, but get too hot (70 dgC +). We had 2 motors fail in quick succession, and we monitored temperatures and timing closely, so it was not being abusive to them. (used the oooo inserts all the time)

We now run GM 13.5's - easily as fast, but so much cooler - 45degC, they also use noticeably less mAh than the X-12's - I can recommend them.

Charles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 23:08:48 

Im running a Tekin RS Pro with the 13.5 X12, 0 degrees timing shim and the timing at 34 degrees and turbo at 17.

5mins of running and the motor is around 65 degrees C, running like this for almost a year now with no problems.
Geared at 8-8.4FDR, running on carpet.

I've seen the X12 10.5 run at 117 degrees C and still survive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 21:14:32 

Have to say we moved over to X12s a year ago and have been very happy. They seem to be as fast as anything out there and are much stronger than the Redlines that we were using. We have not lost a motor and they have hit 100c on several occassions, although we do not target that temperature for normal running!!