[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Kuwait First Indoor Track

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 06:26:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Kuwait First Indoor Track
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 08:15:56 

Hey guys,

Hi Martin, what's up buddy and hows racing going?? few more monthes and will meet again in Pattaya.

as i told you before that am gonna start indoor electric here in Kuwait and we just did, i spent alot of time watchin vidz, asking questions and gathering info from almost everywhere to have enough info to start the thing in Kuwait, few years back, the Tamyia dealer built an indoor track but turned it into a drifting track. not really interested in drifiting so we wanted a real carpet track for real electric cars with real 4.5T motors 8)

our Club managed to get us a highschool gym for the summer time and big thanks to Nawaf (Xray Dealer) for all the paper work he went through.

we got the gym a week ago and the track is already done, hell, i drove on it already :D

photos

the layout i came up with after watching many vidz and imagining my dream track.

the Gym

Needle carpet half way on and thanks god we got carpet PROs to fix it :lol:

Carpet on and looks sweet already.

we put the 4cm by 4cm wood poles to draw our layout and see how it drives.

i took the following photos yesterday after finishing almost everything, we fixed all the barriers and the new discs to the carpet, track looks and drives great.

since its my first time ever driving electric cars, i wasnt sure what to expect or to run as electronics, i saw that Martin and Teemu run motors in the 4.5T-5.5T range and since i drive better than Martin :roll: LOOL i went with a 4.5T motor :P the chassis is an Xray T2R Pro (waiting for the T3 to arrive) and the car is looking good on the track, needs few set-up touches but will get it right for sure. i guess electric is one of my things too because i felt i drove electric my entire life. very easy, fast and the sound of tires on the carpet is music to my ears....

Martin, bring your T3 to Pattaya, we'll go race on RC Addict before they open the WC track for practice. interested??

cheers all and thanks a milion to Martin for his help and answers to my questions.

Ali

Post subject: Re: Kuwait First Indoor Track
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 17:28:23 
team driver

Hi Ali,

the track looks awesome. you made very good layout becuase it includes everything (chicane, long sweeper, 180 corner).

Wow 4.5!!! I use on carpet maximum 5.5. Even though you are better driver than me, I would suggest to use slower motor. Car would be not only easier to drive, but it will have also more traction

Unfortunately I can not come earlier, because I have already flight ticket.

Anyway, enjoy racing at the indoor track and see you soon in Pattaya

If you have any set up question, I am willing to help but I will be not in the office for 3 weeks (nitro worlds and electric euros)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 02:11:47 

Hey Martin,

thanks alot for the comment about the track layout...if XRAY ever wants a layout (am sure you have many people to do so) i would be more than glad to draw you few, who knows, you guys might run on a track of my design :shock: and i was kidding about me being a better driver :wink: maybe in Offroad heheheh.

i bought the 4.5 and a friend has the 5.5, i guess ill just swap motors and see how they compare on the AMB system. to be honest, the car feels great and traction is good for a new carpet with the 4.5, i just have to be really carefull with my throttle inputs. other than that, i got my set-up from Paul Lemieux (his 2009 vegas set-up) and the car is dialed after few changes to suit my driving style. i know i would never hesitate asking you for set-up tips and tricks.

man the IFMAR nitro WC :cry: i should be there but financing the trip is a bit hard with another trip to come in November..... you go get them over there and good luck to all the XRAY team.

it would have been alot of fun to run on RC addict, it is a one sick track. no problem buddy, will meet in Pattaya.

cheers Martin

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 09:06:44 
team driver

yeah, we check who is better in off road in Pattaya :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 02:49:47 

Hehehehe

we will sure do.

cheers buddy and good luck for the ETS and the WC

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 05:54:48 

Hey guys,

just a small vid so you can see the track better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MNJPmMGwk8

Martin, any tips on my driving since am very new to electric and this was only the 4th run in my entire life.

cheers

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 09:18:33 

i can hear a lot of wheel spin :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 09:58:56 

the carpet is brand new.

what do you recommend to reduce the wheel spin, am running the softest tires we have and the sauce applied 30min before the run. punch is at minimal and rear diff is tight!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:14:14 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 01:21:50 

thanks for the advice,

when we get the AMB system hooked, ill switch between 4.5 and 5.5 and see which performs better on the track.

not sure how to change the timing since am very new to electric so i let the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro on default setting except for drag brake and punch.

cheers

Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 06:28:29 

Hi, hope you guy´s have a good event.

From the film i belive what Martins say´s it is the best, to switch the motor, you will be more consistence in lap time and enjoy the run, at least when the grip is not that good, then i think you need more rear grip, try more to-in in the rear, and when the car is good concentrat in additive.

Have good race.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 01:51:36 

Hey thanks for the advice,

i'm running 2.5 total rear toe in, i guess ill try 3 or even 3.5 tomorow. about my laps, i did around 25 laps, the best was a 13.6 and the worst was a 14 flat, i think my laps are quiet consistent. just keep in mind this was my 4th electric run ever in my life.

when you say concentrate on additives, what do you mean exactly?? i run sweeps with sticky fingers sauce, full on the back and 3/4 on the front applied 30 minutes before a run.

what do you think i should do ??

cheers

Ali

P.S. Martin is always right :D that's why he's an IFMAR poduim finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 00:57:28 

Ali Print Screen!!!!! :-P