[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - First Setup Changes

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 18:17:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: First Setup Changes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 15:42:54 

Hello,

I have a Problem with Setup changes, from Track to Track.
Sometimes i have the Car on the Table and i dont know what i can or must change.
I did i have a Blackout :|
When im go to another Track im Set the Car to the Basic Setup or nearly Basic.
After some Laps i have a Feedback from the Car (understeer/oversteer/no traction etc.)
But when i go back to Table i dont know what i adjust or change first.
Sometimes i think im searching to long or i change Things that normaly other Drivers dont change.

Its a Rule or a Setup Helper what must change first ?

Thanks for Help

Greets !

Post subject: Re: First Setup Changes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 15:53:59 

What chassis do you have
What track do you race at/surface type
Hi/low grip
Have you the T3 setup book? (Derived from an old chassis but can help you understand why changes have certain affects on handling)
Post a setup sheet then copy a link onto this thread, someone will point you in the right direction. Stick to 1 track/setup to start with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 17:36:54 

Thanks for fast Reply !
I drive the new T4 16' on Low/Med Grip Asphalt. And sometimes on med. Grip Carpet.
The affects from the changes its not the great Problem. But always im think, what i change first ?
Im Mount other Springs or Change the Shock Position or i change Roll Center or what else.
What is the Key to found fast a good Setup ? How make's the Pro at ETS ? There only have 1 or 2 Days to found the best setup for you.
Im try to change everything from time to time but always i think its not the best, and i change more and more.
And then Comes the Point that i have no more Idea !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 20:49:10 

Might be to do with your ESC settings then as I would use a very similar setup at most tracks only really changing tyre prep, shock position, springs and droop, roll centre, camber if nothing so far is making the improvements I'm after.
Do you feel as grip comes up you get better? I purposely only additive my rear tyres on first carpet runs to make the car easier to drive, as the fronts warm up and you learn the track they come in, if they don't you have too much rear grip, first move for me would be to lay the shocks down a hole, and the reverse if it's loose