[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Modi gearing and ecs setting.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 20:24:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Modi gearing and ecs setting.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 05:19:23 

Hi,
What should be gearing for motor 4,5t - 5,5t in track like Hudy arena outdor to get best performance.
Im also interested in setting for ecs like:
Boost sart and end what rmp should be better , and how meny degree to applay in boost and turbo?
Turbo when to activate to work well on final . What should be gab betwen end boost and activation the turbo?
Does someone use 3,5t motor - I have problem with overload ecs by soldering out wire from ecs,why does it heppend? The ecs shoud support motor3,5t. Fdr about 9,5 -10,no boost.
I am using ecs like hobbywing V3.1 software. What temperature do you have after run?
Plese for sugesstion.
Thanks,
Darek

Post subject: Re: Modi gearing and ecs setting.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:27:24 

For gearing using a 4.5T motor on a med-big outside track (like Hudy Arena), most (mod) teamdrivers use a 110T spur and a 27T or 28T pinion, providing a gearing in the 7.7 range.

Concerning your esc setup, try an internet search for a mod setup for your particular brand of esc.

I use an ORCA VX3 esc partly because I can then "copy" Alexander Hagberg's esc setup which he occasionally posts.

The esc parameters are not similar in each esc and sometimes they are called different names etc., so I really think the best would be to do a search for your particular Hobbywing esc.

I have not heard of anyone using a 3.5T motor for other purposes than crazy speed runs etc.

At races we always disable lipo cutoff and temperature cutoff to prevent peak fluctuations (voltage/temp) to activate the cutoff function and a cause a loss of power or even a DNF. It is off course at the possible expence of esc, motor and lipo health, if you run into a problem during a race and continue running.