[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - drive belts

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 20:17:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: drive belts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:42:04 

hi ,how tight do you run your drive belts on a t3 /t4

Post subject: Re: drive belts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 14:36:27 

Front almost tight rear almost slack so you pull from the front rather than push from the rear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 14:39:50 

We run our belts quite tight in MOD, especially in the rear, but ultimately as loose as it can get before the belt skimps on the teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 17:04:22 

Front 2 notches tighter than centre and rear 2 notches looser, is a good starting point. As beale says you want the front quite tight and the rear quite loose to give a car that's easy to drive.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:55:45 
team driver

Really the setting is going to depend on which belts you run (kit black or option white) and how old or worn they are. I run the optional belts and start at 1 notch tighter in the front with the diff/spool up, and 1 notch looser in the rear with the diff up. If the rear belt is new/tight, I might run it 2 notches looser and eventually move it back 1 as it breaks in and frees up.

I spoke with Alex about this while he was in the US testing prior to IIC, and he showed me what to look for and the positions I mentioned above are generally where I run them now based on his guidance. He said that running the rear belt too tight will cause the car to react weird off throttle, making it hard to drive. When I started running my rear belt looser, the car did become noticeably more consistent and easier to drive.

Unfortunately I have not run black belts since speaking with Alex, so I don't know where to start with them, but keep in mind that the rear should be slightly looser than the front in order to keep the car comfortable & consistent.

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 07:08:45 

interesting information, thanks! :)