[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T3 straight line problems

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:14:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T3 straight line problems
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:02:33 

hi there i have just brought a 2nd hand T3 and i love it but i have one problem... it will not go in a straight line it pulls to the left when i hit the throttle but as soon as i let off the throttle it goes to the right i have checked all sorts but im now stuck with what it could be if anyone could help it would be great.

cheers guys

:D

Post subject: Re: T3 straight line problems
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:21:36 

Hi, if you've bought the car second hand, it might be worth almost completely taking it apart and reassembling, following the manual as you go, so that anything worn/broken or 'stiff' when it should be loose will come to light.

It's usually something sticking, like a wishbone or bent pivot pin (possibly a bent screw that holds the pivot blocks) or tweak in the chassis, which is where the chassis gets twisted slightly during a crash and then gets stuck twisted because of all the screws.
You could try loosening all the screws for the top deck then while holding the car down on a flat surface (pushing down on the shock towers at the same time), re-tighten the top deck. This is obviously easier if a second person can push down on the towers while you screw down.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:30:33 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32:55 

any other ideas? to me if it was tweek it would go to the one direction but the fact that it goes left then right tells me it might be something loose (some play in something somewhere)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50:02 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 17:09:34 

I had the same problem twice first time gear diff out of oil second time rear end put together wrong when pulling away car would squat and antiroll bar would rub on rear drive shaft.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26:45 

My son had something similar with his 012 last week. If he drove fast down the straight it would steer to the left; if he went slow it steered to the right.

After trying several things I returned to the pits and put the car on the setup board to check the steering. Taking out all the trim adjustments I found that the steering was pointing two degrees to one side. I re-centred the steering and that fixed it.

I have no idea what was going on, ie why that would cause such a malfunction but our problem solved.

As Skiddens said, 2nd hand car, worth rebuilding from scratch. Without a setup board you can still set the steering links to the lengths stated in the Instruction Manual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 01:37:09 

ok thanks for your input guys this has really stumped me lol ill check the steering and get back to you with the results.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 03:21:00 

i have rebuilt the car and checked everything (shimmed out most of the play) but im still getting the same problem i really dont want to replace the chassis just incase it doesnt solve the problem as i would just be wasting £78

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 06:39:10 

did you strip the chassis completely? Put it on a flat surface?
You can adjust out tweak as shown in the setup book, I had a similar problem with another car which turned out to be a servo not centring properly. There are a few adjustments that improve straight line stability just to see if anything improves like increasing toe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 06:46:07 

come to think of it the servo has felt a bit funny at times but its a brand new savox i think this could be the problem or maybe i need a bug booster to keep my voltage at a constant level for the servo i the car handling is fine tbh just cant get it to stop pulling to the left on power and right off power it really making me think this one is lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 09:31:42 

The booster will only stop your receiver losing power on full lock.
Have you a different servo to check against? The only other thing I can think of is diff out drives they can wear and cause the dog bone to lock in sending drive to opposite wheel and slow down quicker off power.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46:44 

i dont have any other servos but i can get hold of one to try at some point but i do know that my spool outdrives are worn so might be worth getting a new set.