[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - understanding setup sheets

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 18:19:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: understanding setup sheets
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 17:01:38 

So i just got a new t4 and wanted to try Hagberg's setup for ETS starting point for carpet, i just have a few questions hopefully i can get the correct answers.

1.When he is talking about wheelbase there are 3 boxes in the front number 0-1-1 he has a check mark for only the middle box which is a 1, and in the rear the boxes are 2-1-0 and there is a check mark in the box for the 2, can someone plz explain what he means by this, ive seen other setup sheets where in the front a 0 is checked off as well as a 1?

2. When he talks about shims in the rear, there is a box that says shims front/rear and then the no shim box is checked off then in the inboard toe box he has the .75 shim checked off, i need to know where are these shims supposed to go, and is it the same thing for the front of the car when it comes to the shims as well.

Thanks for all your info guys just trying to understand these setup sheets as i know this might seem very easy and common for others to understand.

Post subject: Re: understanding setup sheets
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 18:34:30 

1) Maybe sometimes there's checked a field too much. Only the shims (mm) used infront of the arms should be checked. The total amount is always the same and those which aren't checked need to be filled up beyond the arms. This means the front arm could be moved forth and back 2mm (the rear arm 3mm) between the holders without those shims. A checked "0" means that 2mm (or 1mm + 1mm) are used beyond the front arm i.e..

2) The "shim front/rear" field marks the shims that are between the alu mount and the composite arm holder. You can set the rear toe and the rear track width with those shims. If you use more shims on the rear rear arm holders you get more toe-in (more like a plow), if you use more shims on the front rear arm holders you get more straight wheels. Easily spoken the plow gives you stability and the other way gives you speed and a very responsive rear axle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 01:26:39 
team driver

1. The wheelbase is standard which means 1mm in front and rear of the front arms. And 2mm in front and 1mm in rear of the rear arms.

2. Explained above but also this option was standard as per the manual with the 0.75mm shim used to get 3 degrees of rear toe-in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 01:46:29 

thanks for clearing up these questions for me, looking forward to driving the car for the 1st time this weekend on carpet