[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Why stick down the servo as opposed to mounting by posts?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:09:46

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Why stick down the servo as opposed to mounting by posts?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 16:52:36 

I read that alex hagberg had a race distrupted badly when Marc Rheinhard in his practice lap whacked his car, thereby causing his servo to become unstuck.

ith that in mind why do some drivers like Alex stick their servos down as opposed to using the mounting posts? I ask this as I am about to mount my servo to my new T3'12 chassis. Is it to do with things like getting even chassis twist under load which is undermined by a rigid horzontally mounted servo?

BTW i may have to stick it down temporarily in any event as I await my new servo case.

thanks

Lohan

Post subject: Re: Why stick down the servo as opposed to mounting by posts
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 23:40:06 
team driver

I wanted to mount the servo without the outer servo post which sits outside of the chassis. I cut this part off and thus I had to mount the servo with shoe goo. It is not a fully secure mounting method as you could read from that race report and in a big crash it can come off, especially on tracks where boards are used as track markings. However, the shoe goo mounting method allows for no tweak as opposed to when using two posts. By all means I do recommend the new option part 306220 which both gets rid of tweak and makes the outer servo post unnecessary. It also lets the servo sit slightly higher than the chassis which makes the flex even for both sides.