[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Suggest setup carpet indoor traction grip

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:27:54

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Suggest setup carpet indoor traction grip
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 15:29:23 

Hello eveybody.

I coment you:
I was trainning on carpet stock racing indoor track the last 2 weeks between 19:00 - 22:00 hours everyday.
But the race was yesterday on hours between 10:00 - 16:00 hours in the morning. The track have a good traction, but my car had not grip, because my setup was created for the conditions between 19:00 - 22:00 (maximum grip, which I was tranning 2 week ago).
The problem is that time race is in the morning (10:00 - 16:00) when the weather is hot. My car had not enough grip.
For the next race, I think do this:
- Softer spring shocks
- Softer shock oil

Any more idea?

Thank you very much, regards.

Post subject: Re: Suggest setup carpet indoor traction grip
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 01:09:15 

Fill out one of the Xray online forms so people can see your setup, that might help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:32:01 

Hello Skiddins. I don't know exaclty what yo want to say...
Xray online forum??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:40:17 

If you go here;

There is a box near the top 'Create Setup Sheet', you select your car then press the button and fill out the sheet.

Once you have saved it you can post a lik to it so we can all see what you have done. :)

Skiddins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:50:54 

AAAAAAAAAAA okok, yes yes, thank you very much.

Here is my setup:

xform/index.php?act=view&ID=228&setup=t3_2012

The final drive ratio is 5.924

Regards.

Last edited by Ruben_qlc on Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:54:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:53:47 

What exactly do you need the setup to do?

Is the car loose or understeering etc?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 18:54:51 

Generally I acuse understeed an entry corner, and need more grip general.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 22:28:31 

You could try some of the following (not all at once);

Changing front upper clamp from 1mm to 0.5 or even 0mm
Rear downstop 5
Diff oil 700
Rear upper clamp Position 1, front position 2
Shocks to position 4

If you want more grip in general you might want to go softer on the springs; 2.6 front and rear etc.

Skiddins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 01:13:19 

Someone you say I just thinked such as:

-Rear downstop 5
-Diff oil 700
-Rear upper clamp Position 1, front position 2

I tell you something when I tranning.

Thank you very much Skiddins. Regards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 23:54:29 

I find my problem:

My car was accuse understeed because I was using different used tyres in the front and in the rear.

I was using more used tyres on the rear, with the consequence those tyres have less diameter...

For trainning I changed the tyres between front and rear, and then the car has very fast steering response, because the front tyre have less diameter.

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 00:06:51 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 00:12:20 

Yes, exactly I do that since many years. The problem was that the other new tyres was destroyed :-(

To see if I put a video :-)

Thank you Skkidins, regards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:18:19 
team driver

I also think that you should try a softer front spring, 2.8, and a harder rear anti-roll bar (1.3).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:47:12 

I just know the softer front spring, but not the harder rear antiroll bar. Thank you very much.