[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - RX8 2013 - dampers setting

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 15:37:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: RX8 2013 - dampers setting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 18:36:55 

Hello guys,

Just building my new RX8.

A pleasure to build Xray car as usual... :P

But a question, what's your damper setting, i mean oïl ? number of hole ? springs ?

I'm a little bit lost with the new shocks, i found a nice setting with the previous ones' (2 holes front - 3 holes rear - 600cps all around) just playing with springs and shocks position.

But now i have to find something approaching , i put the manual setting, it seems to be too soft for our tracks in France...

Maybe, official Xray drivers could share their experience found then developing the new parts.

Best regards from France,

David

Post subject: Re: RX8 2013 - dampers setting
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 19:12:05 

any advices from Xray drivers with 2013 RX8'

regards

David

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 21:31:51 
team driver

Hi everybody...

I tested the new car for the first time yersteday and today at the EFRA GP in Lostallo. Unfortunately yersteday rained all the day.

So today I started with 800 oil, 3 holes 1.1mm front, 4 holes 1.1mm rear, with the stocks springs. The car was quite good, I felt it better than the 2012. I put the 7.0 springs in the front and it was better.
Normally with the 2012 I used 600oil, 2holes front and 3holes rear.

I only need more time to test the different combinations of springs, oils, etc.

Also other Swiss drivers are happy with the new car.

I will try all my best tomorrow to put the new car on the podium.

Best regards
Mattia Pesenti

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:27:34 

Thanks for your answer ,

I read the lostall's report on redrc, seems that you had trouble in the main...

For the shocks, we start here with 700cps 3 holes 1.1 - 4 holes 1.1 but for sure too soft, better with 800cps

First test this week in France with the 3rd round of french National championship,

Keep in touch,

David W.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 14:10:42 
team driver

Hi David...

I was in 3rd position and the car was really good but I had a problem with the glowplug after 15mins. I changed it and restart but at 5min to the end another glowplug problem.

But I'm really happy with the car, I just have to try other springs and oil settings in order to improve a bit. Also the other Xray driver were happy, and they used the same setting.

Best regards
Mattia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 16:20:05 

Hello Mattia,

did you tryied something new with 2013 shocks...
Too busy with my job, I didn't find time to test my new car and still running my "old" 2012' RX8 (actually 3e in french National championship),

My friends running also RX8 2013' drive with 2012 shocks, they still not found good damper set-up for our tracks, maybe we need harder springs...

regards from here,

David W.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36:43 
team driver

for the 2013 damper settings i've made some calculations to compare with the 2012 shocks. The calculations are indicative.

I think that you have more combinations of # holes, diameter of hole and shock oil will give you the same amount of dampning.

You only have to keep in mind that you use thicker oil for hotter weather and vice versa, because thicker oil does not change viscosity fast in hot weather.

In the sheets i've also included pistons with 1,4mm and 1,5mm holes because I have drills these sizes ;-). for the 2013 shocks only 3 and 4 holes with 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2mm holes will apply.

for me, last national i've tried some shock setups and found that a big(ger) difference between front and rear shocks works better.

last race I was using a rear damping of 263 and a front damping of 442

Damping1.PNG
Damping1.PNG [ 115.73 KiB | Viewed 6640 times ]

Damping2.PNG
Damping2.PNG [ 67.69 KiB | Viewed 6640 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:41:11 

Very good job John,

I will consider it as a good starting point,

we will (RB products french team all driving RX8) share our knowledge as soon as possible also,

best regards from here,

David

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 19:08:40 

Hello Guys,

Xray RX8 drivers in France still looking for good set up with 2013 shocks...
It seems to be more difficult to set up than with the 2012 shocks.

I still use the old shocks in my 2013 RX8 and lots of my friends the same.

Only 2 RX8 in french Championship are using 2013 shocks
- one use often 1000cps around 3 holes 1.1 Front, 4 holes 1.1 rear
- the others 800cps around 2 holes 1.0 Front, 3 holes 1.0 rear

We are often driving on surface with normal grip.

With the 2012 shocks, a basic set up is 600 around 2 holes Front and 3 holes Rear was almost good everywhere...

Did you find something basic also for 2013 version?

I had a look at Team drivers set up but for sure, there is all and nothing, I mean that i cannot believe all the i read...
Moreother it looks like the Italian Guy (Carmina i think) that was in the Ifmar final last year with the Rx8 used also the old shocks version.

Regards from France,

David W.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 15:16:22 

Nobody would like to share experience?

If some Xray factory drivers would be please to give some advice, I wille appeciate,

thanks in advance,

David