[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Problem with differential

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 16:35:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Problem with differential
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 00:31:46 

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the differential.
Even close up does not work, I checked several times and the assembly is correct.
I had already happened once and I replaced the rear axle because it was damaged after a crash, but this time the axle is perfect.

Many thanks!!

Ps sorry for english... i'm italian :P

Post subject: Re: Problem with differential
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 04:23:31 

What is the problem? Are you sure the axle is perfect? Could be the same problem?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:32:27 

Whether differential is tight or loose I don't see difference.
When the car is off the ground is ok, but when i put it on the track it doesn't give traction to the rear whells.
I think that the nut that screws to tighten don't touch the washers to tighten the differential.

The axle I'm almost certain that is good

thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 13:23:03 

What was your previous axle problem?

Sounds to me that the threaded part of the axle is coming loose from the main shaft. This would prevent the diff from getting tight no matter how much you crank on the nut. I had this happen :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 19:01:51 

I solved the problem with add other 2 shim and now when i tight the differential works well.
But what's the real problem?? Considering that I changed all the bearings and washers and doesn't resolve.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 00:55:37 

Unfortunately I hadn't solved the problem.
After less than a minute the differential is loosened again and the car sled.

Any advice?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 16:55:34 

I still think it's the axle. Even if it looks ok it may not be. Without being able to see the problem it's hard to determine. Maybe try a new nut. The nylon could be worn out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 21:52:08 

I think that this is the same problem as i had!!! The screw that is in the axle has got a little bit out of the axle and so it is damaged and the nut can´t get the diff tight!If that is the problem then you can´t repair it! I tried everything! I think that it tightend the nut too much so i pulled the screw outside!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 21:54:46 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 19:36:17 

I had 2 axle´s with this problem!! And i wrote this to Xray and the said that the don´t know any problem about that!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 23:27:05 

Virtually all have the same problem.
Anyone know if we can adapt the solid axle of another brand?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 01:47:10 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 03:38:26 

I've had an Associated Axle do this as well. Simple solution - don't over tighten the diff. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 09:12:13 

wELL!!This is what the problem that was in my mind. Sounds just like what happened on my X10 (same axle for both cars)

Xray, is this an issue that should be looked at?
God Bless!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 23:33:26 

hey at all,
hey sasad,

please check, if it is possible that you can pull down all bearings from the differential.

after crash it could possible, that the screw in the carbon axle expand the axle and it is not possible to pull down the bearings.
If it is extreme, you are not able to tighten the diff correctly,because the wheel hub can´t jump over this hump.

I do not have such problems.......
I can´t believe that you have this problems on a NEW axle without crashes :-)

best regards

Harald

and

greetings from vienna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19:09 

Hi,

I had the same problem yesterday when I was out and train.
You make it about 1000 times but thought it will be bad.

In my case it was threaded piece which spans diffet.
Twist the threaded piece out and glue it back in again.
Then I had no problem.

Hope you understand my English. Uses Google Translate.
: O)

Greetings Anders Lind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:49:53 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 23:21:18 

Yes the problem is always the same.

But now with new axle at the moment I hadn't problem. I hope to continue :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 08:51:07 

It does sound like the screw is working its way out of the carbon, XRAY have released an allow Axel that should fix this. One thing though, is the clamp for the wheel adapter at the other end tight? Its possible if this is lose for the axel to spin and feel like diff slip?