[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - help on NT1 track set up

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 23:29:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: help on NT1 track set up
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 18:02:36 

hello, i m new with the NT1. could you please help me with settings for this track.
sorry for my bad grammar, so be pattiend
hereis the track where i use to race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQel6aq ... re=related
the temperature is around 96F

could you help me feeling out the nt1 set up sheet please.
-nitro shoes tire temperature to choose.
-suspension setting( oil and springs color)
-diff setting (silicone tickness)
-transmision setting spoor gear and pinion to choose
-camber angle
-toe in
-caster
-most of the setting you feel out on the nt1 set up sheet.
here we dont worry about weight and wheelbase limits by regulation as IFMAR.
so the car is better below the 1700g or above the 1700g?
please a really appreciated you help
i used to have a ntc3 factory team, so i m moving to the next level belt driven rc car NT1
you can see the track surface in the picture
hey there is not body regulation limits as well, which body is the best to use for that track?
i m using the 200mm hpi supra body on my ntc3, most of the racers uses the 200mm sedan protofrom body SR5N and the others sedan body.
will be ok using the supra, mclaren F1, M3 and bb9 body or is better to the other sedan bodies for aerodynamic? does it matter the body shape?
thanks guys

Attachments:
File comment: track surface
IMG-20110710-00370.jpg
IMG-20110710-00370.jpg [ 144.71 KiB | Viewed 5057 times ]

Post subject: Re: help on NT1 track set up
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 19:02:07 

how would you set up you nt1 for that kind of track surface and turns present on that track
using the nt1 set up sheet :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 20:30:15 

Find Ralph Burch's Worlds setup sheet and start there. Download a copy of the Hudy Setup book, read it, and adjust your car using one setting at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 21:25:29 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 01:23:43 

can somebody tell me which is the close set up sheet to copy from the set up search, i dont have a clue how to start with the nt1.
people are too quite on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 18:29:43 

the only xray nt1 on the track is mine, so i need a some recommendation for that kind of track. where can i find a similar set up for that kind of track. all of the set up sheet i have found has smooth asfalt. there are not concret bumpy track like where i race the nt1.
hey dont you guys have an idea just said for example purple springs with 50 suspension oil and 500000 diff oil. you know that, but i dont. i m new to the nt1 belt driven rc car, so i dont have an idea how to set up my nt1 on the track the basic set up is useless, the track where i race is a concret bumpy parking lot.
i bought the car thinking of the support and quality, so if i knew it i would buy a kyosho v one RRRR or shima edition, or mougen mtx3. that is what people race here. tought xray nt1 would be better. but now i see.
where is the support that xray say we have when we buy the nt1?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 23:17:55 

So you do expect someone will give you the perfect setup while no one here arround has driven your track?

Beside that, most people in search for a setup do it by them selves by feeling the car and testing some setup changes what they think is needed.

The only thing I can advise is if it is a bumpy track start with thinner shock oil and weaker spings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 00:05:04 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 22:13:55 

KTM,

As the other racers have suggested, it will not be possible to just give you a perfect setup for that track as the conditions do not look anything like what most Pro's will race on. A track that is very rough will be hard for any chassis to handle great as that is not the surface they are designed for. Honestly, the XRAY customers probably have more experience with the temporary parking lot tracks compared to the pro's. Just because you do not recognize the user name from a big race does not mean they cannot offer great assistance for your setup! :mrgreen:

Ralph uses a very similar setup to his World's setup at almost every track he goes to, so the suggestion in the previous post could give you a good starting point. A couple changes to make to help with the bumps and low traction is to use the softer springs like Roelof suggested, and also raise your ride height and run larger diamter tires. If traction is high, these changes can cause problems, but your video looks like low traction surface so you should be ok. These changes should help to absorb the bumps and stop the chassis from bottoming out.

- Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 19:07:17 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54:54 
team driver

hello ktm505sx,

I would recomend starting with the basic set-up for your NT1. That set-up was tested and found to work pretty good everywhere.

Latter the best way to help is by you letting us know what you feel when you drive the car (ej. more seetring, lacks traction, difficult to drive,etc.) As people have said it's difficult to set-up a car just watching pictures but if you let us know your feedback then sure we can help finding your way trough.

Wish you like your new NT1