[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - New engine which one?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:18:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: New engine which one?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 08:25:11 

Hi I am pretty new to r/c racing so i do not know which engine is good to use, I am just running a lower model o.s engine right now but my driving skills are improving so now i want to upgrade. I am looking for something with good torque and reliable some what lol. I dont know if i just buy a modified motor or just a standard one. I was leaning towards the murnan rb9. Just wondering what your experts thoughts are on this subject.
thanks

Post subject: Re: New engine which one?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 09:43:45 

you wont go wrong with a novarossi 353s, good strong engine and easy to tune

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 14:21:44 

Novarossi 353 2009 top engine and you save money !

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 15:33:36 

The Novarossi 353 is a superb engine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 20:33:00 

Ok but if i did get say a 353 novi should i get a modified or tuned one

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 21:00:36 

I am not sure what the other guys think but unless you intend doing your National Championship I would not get a modified engine - it's not necessary for club racing. If you search the internet you will get some great prices for a Novarossi 353 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 21:46:40 

yes that is true delboy but a tuned or slightly modified engine I think might be the way to go for power but also a better power band without sacrificing reiablity and runtime and still not too costly. Or would you still suggest a non tuned engine I have never run a really good engine so I dont know how powerful they are lol And how is the runtime on a 353"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 23:50:31 

You will find that the 353 tuned or non-tuned will give you adequate run time provided it is properly adjusted. I don't know how good you are but if you are not skillful enough to used the power of a tuned engine then it's pointless buying one. You may also find it hard to handle the extra punch that a tuned engine gives you. I think you will find that a Murnan tuned engine will cost quite a bit more than an off the shelf unit. After two full seasons we have moved to a Murnan 353 which is a lovely engine with good fuel consumption. How long have you been racing and how close are you to the top guys at your club? Mark Christopher is probably the best person to give you advice as he's been racing for about a 100 years!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 09:17:15 

id stil recomend the 353 s as my original post, easy to tune, good power and reliable, its also cheap and will serve you well, i dont recoemnd tuned engines to beginers/newbies/club racers, if you carnt use/tune for the power they give your wasting your cash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 02:56:59 

Ok mark i will take your advise as you have alot of experience, can i ask you tho wat the difference to between the 353 s and 353 c is it just ceramic bearings in the c . And the novarossi flash .12 how is that considering all 3 engine are within $70 of each other.
thanks alot for your guys is input
:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 09:57:53 

the 353c has ceramic bearings and also i think now comes factory tuned, if you want to splash you cash go with that one, the flash i believe is a different stroke and its more tunned for the EFRA 7 min qual ( can be tight on 5 mins fuel)

make sure you get the matched rossi pipe for it too carnt remember number off top of my head (it has the fat dumpy stinger)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50:02 

The Novarossi pipes you should look at for the 353 are 2652 or 2660. We have a 2652 and it's the best pipe we've used so far.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 23:57:54 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:34:05 

I am not too sure about the 2660 pipe but the 2652 is very good for bottom end power. Another pipe, the 2630, is also gives good bottom end power and was the the one we used on tight circuits before we got the 2652. I think the 2652 pulls well all the way through the rev range which is why we like it. It would be advisable to have a look at what your competitors are using at your local circuit. Also don't forget there are three lengths of manifold which you can use with any othe these pipes.

Have a look at the Novarossi web site and you will see these pipes and manifolds listed .

Maybe Mark can add some advice to this now that he will know the pipe numbers :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 09:52:43 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50:10 

Cheeky lol: I know you run .15 but I am confident your knowledge extends beyond this engine/exhaust. Anyway, I think Swiftly has enough info now to make a decision.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:38:38 

Guys, I'm confused by prices for 353s '10 and 353 '09

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-engine ... 28518.html
http://www.murnanmodified.com/product_i ... cts_id=589

Is '09 version better and worth extra 60 bucks?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 13:54:59 

2 different products from 2 different sites is always giving price differences. The 09 you showed has ceramic bearings, not that you will notice a lot but hey, they are more expensive so it must go faster ;)

I do not think there are much differences between the 09 and 10 models, the difference is mostly more noticeable in driveabillity than in laptimes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 16:50:02 

dont think the 10 is tuned either or the early version wasnt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38:08 

Hello from France,

the RB T10Rc is a very nice engine!!!

Au revoir.