[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - BRAKING ISSUE

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:26:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: BRAKING ISSUE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 13:28:46 

Hi everybody,
I need your opinion about how to improve my braking consistency without loosing in long runs the braing performance specially in hot temperatures. in last weekend i race my nt1 as it cames in the kit. the weather was hot, and after 5 minutes running the car lost braking capabilities, i need to brake earlier to not loose the curves. I need to improve this, better braking without overheating the parts. Do you think its enough going to ventilated disk by Xray?
Thank you,
Ricardo

Post subject: Re: BRAKING ISSUE
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 17:39:33 

I have runned a NT1 with the brakedisk from a Motonica P8.0 without brakepads on the steel plates, it was awesome.

On my Mugen MRX4 I have mixed feelings with the same disc and will try epoxy discs soon. The problem on this car is that I can not find the right feeling, probeply I have to use a spring for the brake power instead of a piece of fueltube.

Post subject: Re: BRAKING ISSUE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:35:35 
team driver

Hi,

the optional ventilated disc from Xray improves the brakes a lot. Nevertheless if you need to brake a lot in your track. This is 180ยบ corners, or going from very high speed to low speed you shoul also need other kind of brake pads. Specially for the long runs. Some kind of ferodo will make it perfect. If you do not demand a lot from the brake just with the ventilated optional disc is OK

Cheers