[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Electric noobie

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 00:28:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Electric noobie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 23:39:09 

Majority of drivers at my club are running electric touring and the nitros are slowly dying off. So I'm going to take the plunge and switch to electric but have no idea what I need.

Aside from the roller could someone give me a list of components and a rough price on each ? Obviously the better the things are the more expensive so its hard to give an estimate but I wouldnt be looking at the best of the best but something than can keep up.

Post subject: Re: Electric noobie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 23:50:50 

You have to take a look what is runned within the club. Electric racing does know several classes as modified (unlimited) to the Stock classes which are mostly used with 10.5, 13.5, 17.5 and/or 21.5 turns motors and with that there is a possibillity of an unlimited speedcontroler or a blinky/stock speedcontroler.

Again, I think your club can tell it all, sometimes the club has a deal with a shop to get the stock equipment with a discount.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 22:10:21 

The electric heats at the club are just anything electric. I believe some guys are running 4.5t which are doing insane lap times and others maybe 7.5 / 10.5

I've got my heart set on a hobbywing 5.5t 6000kv / 120 amp esc combo . Batteries will be turnigy 6000mah . Is this overkilling it ? I can get the 8.5 combo for the same price but I always believe in buying something better to being with , rather than upgrading in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26:34 

Overkill is a hard word, it is depending the track. I know that fast engines on a short track does not always mean they drive realy fast, you have to be a very good driver to get fast on a small track.

The motor you sugest is something in the middle and maybe a good choice, is that a sensored motor? A sensored setup is a must to get the best out of it. I know people love to use a GM120 ESC because it is fast, has many fetures and easy to program. I believe it can even swap between sensored and sensorless.