[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - too quick model replacement

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 22:12:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: too quick model replacement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 13:43:17 

I was talking with a friend the past w-e about this "mania" to produce a new model every year. I know that top pilots search always the top, but for people that play this hobby in the weekend discover that is almost impossible to sell at a good price his 1 and half year old model because new model is really different from the 2 series before.Some years ago we had also the T3R for low budget people, but now we don't have a low budget model in any category. It could be a not so good thing becouse people could choise different producer (like losi or asso or durango in offroad) where the model is not replace so quickly.
Im I wrong? It's just my idea?

Post subject: Re: too quick model replacement
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 16:06:08 
team driver

It's a valid discussion that I also hear a lot. My opinion (not official) is that if you are a hobby driver you don't need to have the newest model anyway. That's basically what you said too. Parts support for the older models is always guaranteed so just keep it until you feel you can't go any faster with it.
For those drivers that get new cars for each season anyway it's very nice that there are always big or small improvements.

RC resale value is always low whether there is a new model or not I think. I have found the contrary, that xray has some of the highest (or "least low") resale value because of the good quality and longevity. But there are your budget versions. I know lots of people that got into racing cheaply with an older xray model.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 19:06:07 

Yes but, for example, I have an XB4 first version. If I would like to sell it to buy the 2016 version I don't think I can ask more than 150 euros for car and spare parts. I don't know whitch parts are compatible but, I think that there are a lot of little differences and also not all resellers had all replacents for all versions.

For exemple, the past year XB4 was really different from mine with no possibility to upgrade my model without spending a lot of euros (for example I like the central differential in 2016, but there isn't an "upgrade kit" like there was with old T3.)

So, my XB4 is older (because its 4 model old) than another model made in the same year but just with 1 new model

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 18:32:17 

That is one of the largest misconceptions people have when discussing Xray...

They believe that the release of a new model makes their existing stock of spares useless, when the opposite is more often than not true.

Xray traditionally has evolved their platforms and has shared parts across several generations, especially regarding wearing parts.

Xray is one of the few companies (frankly, the only one that I am aware of) that openly posts a parts compatibility spreadsheet showing which parts have compatibility across which models and generations 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 22:12:55 

what about the XB4? The central part it's really different from v1 and v3 (first and pre last)