[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - First drive w/ xb2 hybrid

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 16:15:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: First drive w/ xb2 hybrid
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 23:45:34 

This is my first time owning/driving a 2wd buggy. Build was great,it was a little tricky using the laydown trans since the manual is for the dirt car in the hybrid kit(just used the laptop to view the carpet car manual). First day at the local indoor med. bite clay track was ok. I 'have my brakes set very light but they still wanna lock up at the end of the straight. I was trying my best to be careful and a little better then half the time I got threw it w/out locking the tires up/spinning out. I see the carbon front chassis braces are supposed to help w/ heavy braking but it says for carpet so I was wondering if they still apply for med bite clay? My car also had a slight push w/ stock set up and I was wondering if my diff was a little too tight? After breaking in the diff I fully tightened it then backed it off about a 1/8th of a turn maybe a tad more but it is less then a quarter turn from fully tight. I broke it in like Ty Tessman's video but it was in about 10 increments since I only tightened it a 1/8th of a turn after each 5 min cycle.

I Guess what I am asking for is some advice on how to make the car brake (slow down) a little easier/consistent. As well as how to make the car turn a little tighter w/out having to brake hard or give it gas to spin it around the turn. Thanks a lot guys and it's great to have a site like this for support.

Post subject: Re: First drive w/ xb2 hybrid
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 18:01:38 

i would setup drag brake in the ESC, this will assist in the braking, as well as turning.

Post subject: Re: First drive w/ xb2 hybrid
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 23:59:51 

A dude from RCtech told me to add some drag brake too and it helped a lot. I've never used any drag brake before but it's awesome on a 2wd buggy. Drag brake is a great tip for 2wd. I did put on the carbon front chassis braces which helped my consistency but seemed to take away some steering on the tight 180's. I then put on the most aggressive ackerman plates which took some getting used to but between the braces/plates I took another second off my average lap times. The above changes got me a 1.4 second faster hot lap and multiple seconds of consistency. The xb2 is just a amazing driving buggy and the quality and feel is better then I thought was possible. Some say slop is good but I think the xb2/4 proves that slop is not needed. These cars hold a line great and are very consistent, they stay straight on the straights. Thanks for the help